Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ADdvice needed  (Read 1591 times)

bobjack

ADdvice needed
« on: January 10, 2010, 01:54:41 pm »

Hi everyone. I'm thinking of building the Portgarth from M.M.M. but am not sure if I have the competency to do the model justice. I have built several Billing boat models in the past  - both planked hull and fully rigged but have not built anything in the last ten years. I was into r.c helicopters but found myself enjoying the repairs after after crashing rather than actual flying. I would appreciate any advice comments on the building of the Portgarth.
Thanks in anticipation. Bobjack

ministeve

• Full Mayhemer
  • washing the decks!!!
Re: ADdvice needed
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 02:49:47 pm »

the portgarth was only the 2nd boat i ever built and although challenging it was very enjoyable with the potential to be a very good model so much so i have got 2 more to build one i have put the running gear in the other yet to start. i have opted for steerable Kort's from mmm which are more than able to cope with 70mm thruster props i will see if i can get on the other computer and post some pics of the one i built maybe poll could find some too since he bought it of me a few years back. the only hard part for me was the front deckhouse which is rounded with 2 angles converging but thats just me and believe me i am no fantastic modeler i would give it a go.

hope this helps

Steve

monarch

Re: ADdvice needed
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 03:13:55 pm »

Hi Bobjack
Have a go, If you join a club theirs help failing that this forum is so helpful I'm sure you will get all the help needed all aspects.
Good luck with the build if you get your tug, then some pics would be nice to see.
Regards Lionel
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.