Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi,Anyone would help me wth my diesel twin  (Read 3201 times)

navelfuzz

Hi,Anyone would help me wth my diesel twin
« on: January 10, 2010, 10:32:57 pm »

I wanted to install two 0.21 Diesels in my RivaRama But They will both have to turn in the same direction I guess? The problem is they come with a dog bone type connection Can anyone make recommendation on how I can hook them up. I wish someone would make a clutch assembly for small motors but anyways hat d you think would be best to set them up ? I'm thinking of getting the flat plate mounts that Dumas has. and go from there. Room is limited and the bottom is V. The boat has about 8 inches beam and 31 long. But after cutting the floor out and bulk head centres its a tight place and I have to make a nice hard box in it. I'm new at boats. I also have to make repairs to the planks some have separated from shrinkage. Should I use marn tex in the gaps or epoxy to fill the seems once I clean the out. I have an epoxy paint for the out side. But my main concerns are the motors starting them  with a belt and connecting them to the shafts. I really appreciate your help. Why don't they make a nitro clutch for boats?

The Antipodean

Re: Hi,Anyone would help me wth my diesel twin
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 11:36:15 pm »

I believe there is a slipper clutch available for small engines, not sure where I saw them at though. I think they are for Nitro Buggies but they should be able to be adapted for marine use.

admiral donuts

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 09:35:11 pm »

Long ago when running a taplin twin diesel, the makers instructions stated thet the engine was capable of running
in both directions (not at the same time) have you tried starting an engine in the (wrong ) direction
you may be surprised

regards, Donuts

andyn

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 11:38:22 pm »

Two .21 diesels would be far too much for a 31 inch Rivarama, just one would be pushing it.

mattycoops43

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 04:42:33 pm »

Have a look at some buggy parts. There are several types of centrifugal clutches, most rely on a lopng crank extension, but that could be added to your engines with a bit of ingenuity. As for connecting a dog bone shaft, all you need is the drive cup that goes on a buggy diff, attach to the end of a prop shaft and use a dog bone of appropriate length. Interesting idea though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 21 queries.