Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quiney - coming onboard  (Read 1292 times)

Quiney

Quiney - coming onboard
« on: January 12, 2010, 07:50:59 pm »

Hi all
Found the forum from a link in the 'Ships Nostalgia' forum (for former/current seafarers)
Have made model ships of various sorts on and off since a Keil Kraft cabin crusier when I was a young teenager some 40 odd years ago.
Whilst in the merchant navy I used to make a lot of ships in bottles (provided the bottle was supplied full!)
I'm looking for something to do with retirement imminent (due to poor health) and quite fancy scale merchant ship - work or static. Also have always wanted a good model of a tea clipper. So plenty there to keep me going for the next few years.
I know there is a model boat club at Fleetwood, which is only a few miles from where I live.
Will probably have a quiet browse round the forum at first - find my feet etc. . . . .
John

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Quiney - coming onboard
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 08:16:56 pm »

Hi John

Welcome to our little boat club. I do hope you find plenty of interest on here. We like to pride ourselves on being the best Model boat club on the Web.

There are plenty of subjects to set your head spinning, and if you require any help at all, then please ask.

If you read All there is you won't have much time for building   :}

Cheers

Ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

Patrick Henry

Re: Quiney - coming onboard
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 08:21:59 pm »

Same as that...welcome aboard.

Rich
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 21 queries.