Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Navigation light help  (Read 396 times)

Trucker

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Navigation light help
« on: March 14, 2024, 08:21:32 pm »

Hi, All
im struggling with a few things regarding the lights on the severn supporter work boat im building, so thought i would ask the experts on here, ive looked at the light regulation but not really got the answers, i will put the link to the boat so you guys can see what im asking,
1, on the red,white,red lights stb side of the mast the white light lens appears very dark compared to the mast fwd three white lights, why
2, are these fwd three lights towing lights,
3, should the towing light astern be a individual yellow light or can it be s combined white stern tow light in one lamp, because i cant see one in the pictures
https://www.landfall.nl/severn-supporter

Trucker

dodes

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Navigation light help
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2024, 05:43:35 pm »

What is the length and date of build for this vessel. The stern yellow light is an optional light for towing vessels and is separate from the regularity required stern light and I believe in the 1980's it became required for a separate emergency power lamp to be fitted that is why you see navigation lights now seen as pairs one is main power the other emergency power lamps.

Trucker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2024, 08:31:25 pm »

hi,
she was built in 2020 and is 22 meters in length

dodes

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2024, 05:10:15 pm »

The three masthead forade facing lights have large special lenses to like light houses to concentrate the emitted light to flow in a narrow light beam over its width to be seen at min of 3 miles. So during the day , the light will be seen bright through them as it is glass, where else the special lights have a none lens all round clear cover. Hope you can get some sense, as the forward glass if seen from side or rear is unobstructed glass while the smaller special lights have the light fitting obstructing the light flow.

Trucker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 06:37:52 pm »

Some really good news arrived today by email, i have regular contact with the master of the real severn supporter and he sent me a picture of the mast lighting panel, so now i can be sure of the actual lighting on the boat. :-))

Trucker
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 22 queries.