Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bosch are baling out,  (Read 1407 times)

Wasyl

Bosch are baling out,
« on: January 15, 2010, 10:49:25 pm »

On the news tonight,it was  reported that the company Bosch Electric are closing their factory in England with the loss of hundreds of Jobs,..and they are re-locating to Hungary,This is another exampe of the UK getting a kick in the teeth,This company were awarded grants in excess of £21,000,000 in the nineties,from the government,but now that things have taken a down turn,their off,....when will the UK learn???

Wullie

polaris

• Shipmate
Re: Bosch are baling out,
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 11:03:31 pm »

Dear Wullie,

Well then, all of use GB's should vote for them forthwith with our £'s then... eh...

Regards, Bernard

p.s. V.glad you told me that, was just going to have to put an order in for a boiler shortly. Will now most defintely go elsewhere out of pure and simple principal.

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 11:05:27 pm »

whoops goes £1.5k to them then

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 11:08:15 pm »

... or another one sinks where it did in 1919....

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 11:10:49 pm »

... and good riddance...

jenno

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 12:56:53 am »

Actually the plant is in Miskin,South Wales with a loss of 900 jobs plus a lot of other small firms which supply them nobody ever mentions them.
On the news Borch said it's because of the recession and economic downturn !!!!!!! but they are moving to Hungary where the wages are 65% less than over here.

Jenno

Wasyl

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 01:42:35 am »

My sentiments exactly,..economic downturn my a***if it was due to that then they,d be shut for good,Not opening another factory in an East European country, with £21,000,000 tax free in their coffers,whch tells us that in real terms ,it was,nt Bosch who were paying the workers wages,it was the UK,How many times do we need to be told,It happened up here a few years back,with Hyundai,they did the same,they took millions in grants,and even had a custom built factory given to them,rent free,for 5 years + then when the honeymoon period was over,they were off,....

Wullie

cadman17_36

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2010, 02:27:02 am »

Same thing is going on here to big companies moving the jobs south to Mexico where the wages are way below those in the US. I for one am one of many that lost my job due to the economic status of the country. we supplied carbide inserts and machine tools to the auto manufactures.

Someday the governments of this world will see that they need to think of the people before the big money hungry company's and banks.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 22 queries.