Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seaport morphs to Lady Jo  (Read 23939 times)

Damien

Re: Seaport morphs to Lady Jo
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2010, 05:41:00 am »

Lady Jo had her first run in our clubs lake. She was very stable even on the tightest turn there was very little lean with good scale speed.
Steering in reverse is a little tricky as is stopping forward movement but she got a lot of interest fro the general public at lakeside especially the kids who loved the sub.
I'll try to get someone to take pics or video next week.

Damien.

TugCowboy

« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2010, 02:52:32 pm »

Did you manage to get any pics Damien? would love to see how she looks on the water.

Alex

Damien

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2010, 10:58:51 pm »

Unfortunately not Alex, after placing on the water 4' from the bank the motor started a glitchy stop start routine so i let her drift back on the wash from other boats.
Her first trial last week i thought she was doing the same but 50' out it's hard to tell, i suspect an antenna location problem inside the hull.
I packed herup and sat around yarning with other club members so the 5hr round trip to the lake wasn't a total waste of time.

At home with better lighting i found the antenna scrunched up underneath the  Rx/battery box  "where the water tank used to be" and close to the motor, i have now routed it above the deck I was trying to avoid this because it spoils the look of the deck.

I will try again this Sunday BOW forecast fine day of 31C  Trains will be super crowded as it's F1 GP weekend here in Melbourne.
I'll get one of the other members to drive the Lady Jo and i'll try for pic's and video myself.
Damien.

Damien

« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2010, 07:11:35 am »

Finally made it to the lake this morninghad a very good 20min run was very responsive forward and  reverse however agter 20 mins it just slowed to a crawl so i'll swap the motor for a 12v hair drier motor i have 9 i'm not using yet they were a great ebay buy coincedently from a seller in the UK.
Still no pic's or video batteries went flat just as i was about to get someone to steer while i took pics.
Damien.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2010, 08:12:22 am »

Well done that man!    :-))

Are you using the original motor set-up?
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Damien

« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2010, 09:28:45 am »

Thanks Martin, at present it's the original motor with a new 4mm shaft and a 45mm 3 blade prop the Kort inner dia was profiled to resemble a aircraft wing profile.
The hair drier motors are 12v and only draw 165mA with a 30mm prop in my Sub Chaser
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.