Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: School  (Read 1889 times)

Garabaldy

School
« on: January 18, 2010, 11:37:32 pm »

Does anyone else suffer from this strange disease, im not sure if there is a name for it but symptoms are doing anything and everything to putting off studying (writing material testing reports on charpy and rockwell hardness tests in my case)

Is there a cure?

Dreadstar

Re: School
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 11:44:07 pm »

Yes,spend all of your spare time enjoying your hobby {-) :-)) When you've finished those dreaded reports  :(( <*<

CGAux26

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 12:41:48 am »

Retire.   :-))

That's what I did after a long career as an engineer. 

Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 09:57:20 pm »

Find something you hate even more than studying then the school work becomes the excuse not to do it.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 11:11:12 pm »

What you are referring to is termed "displacement activity".  We all suffer fom it one way or another!

Colin

jonny shoreboy

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 06:32:59 pm »

Studing might suck, but it is so important, as is education. They way I got around it was to remind myself that if I don't study then I might not get top marks which might result in me not getting my dream job later in life. I would hate to have left school/university then have to do a job i didn't like for the rest of my life.. {:-{

craftysod

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 06:40:39 pm »

What the hell is charpy and rockwell hardness,sounds like a woodpecker at your pecker  {-)

steamboatmodel

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 10:24:06 pm »

Nothing to do with "woodpecker at your pecker" 
From Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charpy_impact_test
The Charpy impact test, also known as the Charpy v-notch test, is a standardized high strain-rate test which determines the amount of energy absorbed by a material during fracture. This absorbed energy is a measure of a given material's toughness and acts as a tool to study temperature-dependent brittle-ductile transition. It is widely applied in industry, since it is easy to prepare and conduct and results can be obtained quickly and cheaply. But a major disadvantage is that all results are only comparative
Rockwell scale
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockwell_scale
The Rockwell scale is a hardness scale based on the indentation hardness of a material. The Rockwell test determines the hardness by measuring the depth of penetration of an indenter under a large load compared to the penetration made by a preload.[1] There are different scales, which are denoted by a single letter, that use different loads or indenters. The result, which is a dimensionless number, is noted by HRX where X is the scale letter.
The only thing worse than having to write and study reports about them is having to read reports from people who didn't learn how to properly write them or properly perform the tests.
Regards,
Gerald.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 21 queries.