Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trent Lifeboat  (Read 2730 times)

dusty

Trent Lifeboat
« on: January 19, 2010, 03:45:21 pm »

Hi All
Can anyone tell me how to install the eletrics useing 2x9.6v btys,and what control system to use please.
In my SMIT NEDERLAND I use Actions dual esc/mixer,but only use one bty. any suggestions would help.
Many Thank.
Dusty.

tubby

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Trent Lifeboat
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 04:20:23 pm »

I would think that Actions wiring diagram on there website for the tamar and trent would be what you need, although it is now 8.4 volts it used to be 9.6volts
Barry

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 04:22:14 pm »

http://www.action-electronics.co.uk/pdfs/Graff%20Spee%20-%20C%20J%20Williams.pdf

This shows how to connect two main batteries into circuit. Simply substitute your 9.6v packs for the SLA batteries shown and use the appropriate motors. Customers have found that Speed 600 ECO motors don't like 9.6v, especially if you change from the plastic props which come with the Slipway Trent to brass ones.

FLJ

Mark47

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 04:44:38 pm »

http://www.action-electronics.co.uk/pdfs/Graff%20Spee%20-%20C%20J%20Williams.pdf

This shows how to connect two main batteries into circuit. Simply substitute your 9.6v packs for the SLA batteries shown and use the appropriate motors. Customers have found that Speed 600 ECO motors don't like 9.6v, especially if you change from the plastic props which come with the Slipway Trent to brass ones.

FLJ

Can you elaborate on this? Please?

I have been recommended 9.6v, Ecco 600 with 4 blade brass props. <*<

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 06:29:59 pm »

Not much else to say, Mark.

Melted bearings, burned-out brushes, blown fuses, hot wiring etc etc. I simply pass on what I have been told by our customers. Ask yourself why Graupner bother putting 7.2v on their motors if they're perfectly OK on 8 x fully-charged cells (>11v).

Suit yourself (would I lie to you, already?!)

FLJ

dusty

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 07:53:33 pm »

Hi Everone.
Thank you all for your comments as usual late in awnering. i,ll get the hang of it soon.

Dusty.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 22 queries.