Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 'Off' button?  (Read 11205 times)

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
Re: 'Off' button?
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2010, 08:34:46 pm »

As A Service engineer I have my radio on when I'm in the car, which can be up to 6 hours a day. Radio 2 has gone down the pan. What a load of rubbish. I tend to switch to radio 4 or local BBC stations. BLOW RADIO 2 DRIBBLE.
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

tomo55

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2010, 08:40:31 pm »

Sarah Kennedy on radio 2 dawn patrol gets on my wick ,she rants on about nothing,xmas sprout saga for gods sake it went on for weeks.
Agree with earlier comments Re Jeremy Vine 7 stone soaking wet and makes out he's the bee knees,pathetic hit the off button every time.
Like my ipod my music when I want it cant go wrong.

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2010, 08:59:44 pm »

Turb, how dare you "xxxxx" off Johnny Walker!! I rate the guy, nice casual tones and pleasant demeanor to go with his show.
Sounds like you and I are on the same wavelength with Talksport though :-)) however as I can't abide sport, I tune in after 10:00 pm and listen to others moaning about the state of the country for a change. I would however, happily shove wasps up George Galloway's <*< aft section every friday night if it were allowed.

Elaine Paige... damnit, just thought of her agin! <*<

swordfish fairey

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2010, 09:14:41 pm »

I quite like 5 Live, drive time is very good, the only problem is Football, Football and yet more B....y Football... >>:-(.. >>:-(

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2010, 09:25:24 pm »

Hi PMK I loved the original recording of that musik. As for soothing my furrowed brow, is the 'cutie' you refer to, the music or the bird... either would do the trick!

Bee

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2010, 09:48:35 pm »

mmmm won't go to PMK for a 'music' suggestion again or getting me a blind date  {:-{
Otherwise Mayhemers seem to have the right idea. Channel Mayhem?
Glad Wogan's gone , especially around the Children in Need weeks.
Also have to change station around 10:40 when the quiz comes on but mostly I have got to work by then.

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2010, 09:51:46 pm »

This thread shows what a difficult job programme planners have :-))

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2010, 10:02:46 pm »

This IS Mayhem! :-))

Damien

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2010, 10:45:14 pm »

Haven't listened to radio in 20 years quit when classic r&r on melbourne's Gold FM started from 1985,  I had a CD player in the garage for years now have a Cambridge sound works computer sound system and plug my MP3 player in with nearly 700  50's - 70's r&r r&b blues & country songs selected at random played loud so i don't need my hearing aid's.
I HATE advertising.

Damien.

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2010, 11:46:10 pm »

Damien.....try our OZ 97.3 ABC classic FM........@ lunch time we get sheep & cattle sales {-)....lots of interesting interviews with people  >>:-( ....no advertizing  :-))

Miff Warhurst [Spicks & Spicks ABC TV fame] was doing a temp PM programme last week {-) %% {-) %) the only time that it is not turned on in the car is when a BLUETOOH  mobile call turns it off ........... >>:-( -

Having said this I never listen to 97.3 at home ??????????????????? Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Damien

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2010, 02:32:18 am »

Can't Derek no longer own a radio, i think there may be one in the Mp3 player by why listen to someone prattle on between songs when there are so many songs on the Mp3 already with a 2 secong gap between each. The last time i heard the ABC there were ad's for their own programs.
Oh yeah and i don't consider i've reached my pre-conceived idea of the age of ABC listeners yet perhaps another 15 - 20yrs.

Damien.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2010, 06:37:15 am »

When I'm working down in the engine room of Model Boat Mayhem, I usually have BBC Radio 7 'Listen again' on the PC.   :-))
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio7/ - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/radio/bbc_7

And I'm with you Bill and there are a LOT of excellent comedies, documentaries, travelogues, plays etc, etc on Radio 4 that
go unsung in the evening.....   {:-{

What do I turn off Radio 1, especially Chris "let me insult your intelligence" Moyles, aka "I'm a very important person
you know!" aka "If you are a teenager, here's your opinion!" ( Conversely I actually think Moyles is quite talented, his parody
songs I've heard, I thought, were very good. Same with Chris Evans & Jonathon Woss, always full of new ideas...
 .....unfortunately not all of them good....)  {:-{
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2010, 10:02:04 am »

Martin, many years ago, Radio one used be known as the 'Light Programme' and was yesterdays equivalent of Radio2. As soon as they put it on air, it wen't steadily downhill and has now been reduced to a constant stream of drivel and abnoxious presenters.
There is a big lump of fluff on my radio dial where Radio One is situated as the pointer never goes down that end of the band anymore.
As a Radio 7 listener, you are obviously a man of good solid taste Martin.

Bee

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2010, 11:48:06 am »

There is a guest with a horribly wet voice on at the moment (11.45). Going to give this radio 7 a go.
BTW I think the Light Prog became radio 2 and radio 1 was invented as a new channel for 'young kids' music (=25 in those days).

Bee

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2010, 11:50:19 am »

Ugh. Radio 7 is not music. Back to ken Bruce and the wet guest.

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2010, 12:49:33 pm »

) the only time that it is not turned on in the car is when a BLUETOOH  mobile call turns it off ........

I have an old HMV valve car radio - still works. It's quite fun to turn it on and listen to the sound slowly rising as it warms up. I was going to fit it in my Scorpio, attach it to a recording of Chamberlain declaring war, and see how many people I could fool with it....

Bee

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2010, 01:25:19 pm »

Even the trailers for Alan Carr are painful. Might have to listen via V+ with a delay so I can fast forward through the trash.

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2010, 01:58:05 pm »

I stand corrected Bee.. thanks.

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2010, 03:50:30 pm »

I have an old HMV valve car radio - still works. It's quite fun to turn it on and listen to the sound slowly rising as it warms up. I was going to fit it in my Scorpio, attach it to a recording of Chamberlain declaring war, and see how many people I could fool with it....
On the other hand, you might get stuck with Max Bygraves.  Is it worth the risk?
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

PMK

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2010, 04:42:37 pm »

"Martin, many years ago, Radio one used be known as the 'Light Programme' and was..."

Yeah, all those radios with 'Light' and 'Home' on their dials.
The first time I'd ever built a radio... the off-shore sounds of Radio Caroline. And what about Radio Luxemberg, along with all that signal fading soon after sundown.... guaranteed to always happen slap-bang in the middle of a good track.

Ref, cutie: Yeah, I meant the bird playing the flute. She's not your usual air-head because she's normally dead swanky. A classically-trained musician who happens to be a classy chick with a thing for mini skirts and an ear for a nifty tune.

Did you know that Elaine Paige is my mum?
Mate, my last/final/only other possible suggestion to easing your blues would be...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQHd9hglBkE&feature=related

Now this will hit you in one of two possible ways: you could either end up doing an Oily and throwing a hammer at the speakers within the first two bars, or.........
Have you got an old tennis racket? Good. Now what you do is this......

1) Swipe Mrs Sheerline's long-haired wig when she's not looking.
2) Stick it on your bonce.
3) Run to the workshop, grab your guitar tennis racket, hit the play button.
4) As soon as you realise that you're not really Dave Gilmore after all, start making up dinky little tunes in your head, little riffs that might go nicely with that background music. You're in standard concert G-major tuning; it doesn't get any easier, so don't be afraid to give it some. (Bum notes not included).
5) Remember to flick the hair every once in a while, like they do TV.

Hopefully, within an hour, you'll be like, "Elaine Paige?... who the bleedin' 'ell is Elaine Paige?".

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2010, 04:51:48 pm »

This IS Mayhem! :-))

OK...................

I like Elaine P................................... :-))

PMK

« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2010, 06:47:23 pm »

That's my mum you're talking about.

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2010, 07:05:44 pm »

OK...................

I like Elaine P................................... :-))
Well I can't stand her. See gives me the urge to switch off the radio and go and visit a garden center on Sunday afternoon.  HOW BAD IS THAT!!!!!!!.  A Big BOO to the current BBC radio 2 line up. What alot of Dribble, I have heard a flock of Shep make more sense then the day time offerings from BBC radio 2
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2010, 07:08:09 pm »

That's my mum you're talking about.
Is Tim Rice...or Lord Webber your dad? %% ;)

Can you get me some Phantom  of the Opera tickets ....free :-))

PMK

« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2010, 07:39:55 pm »

"I have heard a flock of Shep make more sense then the day time offerings from BBC radio 2."

Reminds me of the time I'd met a farmer in Wales...

"Are you shearing that sheep?", chortled I.
"*@*! off and find yer own!", replied he.

I fancied the pants off Carol Vordaman back in the days before I'd heard her laugh.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.