Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: smoke generating  (Read 2394 times)

ronttuk

smoke generating
« on: January 28, 2010, 11:53:06 am »

hi all I'm new to this site I'm currently building a 1/100th titanic its in its very early stages at the moment,

I'm after plans to build a smoke generator for it to run the 3 funnels from the boilers (4th funnel was for ventilation only) i keep hearing about water vapour smokers anyone got a plan on these as well as i think i would like to go this way,

thanks Ron

Marks Model Bits

• No Mustang Mark
  • Full Mayhemer
  • http://marksmodelbits.com/
    • Marks Model Bits
Re: smoke generating
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 12:36:12 pm »

Hi Ron and welcome to the forum, I don't have plans showing how to make one but I can sell you one :-)) :-))
I can also build bespoke units as well. Have a look on my website  marksmodelbits.com

Mark.
I HAVE NOT FAILED, I HAVE FOUND 1000 WAYS THAT DON'T WORK.!!!!

http://marksmodelbits.com/

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 01:30:25 pm »

hi all I'm new to this site I'm currently building a 1/100th titanic its in its very early stages at the moment,

I'm after plans to build a smoke generator for it to run the 3 funnels from the boilers (4th funnel was for ventilation only) i keep hearing about water vapour smokers anyone got a plan on these as well as i think i would like to go this way,

thanks Ron

I've built a smoke generator in the past for a Revell Corvette - the reason I did was to get a generator which would produce a lot of smoke at low volts and amps. If you are going to have an 8ft boat you won't have a problem here - I would go for a purchased product.

IIRC, the water vapour smokers in particular seem to like 24V....

ronttuk

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 01:39:59 pm »

thanks mark but i like to build my own thats why i scratch build i find it much more satisfying

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 02:54:19 pm »

Get a copy of model boats November 2009 there is a nice article on how to make a 12 volt water vapour one, the same as the very good JJC unit that is not available also where to get a DC to DC converter to make it work on 12v. it does not have smoke controle but that is simple enough to do a simple version for a few Penny's.you can build one that suits your boat, it not rocket science.and they are very cheap to build compared to the old JJC and oil units

peter

Umi_Ryuzuki

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 08:31:39 pm »

There is this ongoing thread, and then links to two previous ones here.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1161039

:-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 21 queries.