Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BISMARCK PAINT CHART  (Read 12673 times)

steamboatbob

BISMARCK PAINT CHART
« on: January 29, 2010, 10:51:29 pm »

AS PROMISED GUYS

A RAL NUMBER CONVERSION CHART FOR THE PAINTS

ENJOY  :-))

John @ WEM

Re: BISMARCK PAINT CHART
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 03:00:59 am »

Unfortunately, the Kriegsmarine did not use the RAL system, so any RAL notations for Kriegsmarine colours are only someone's estimates....

The long Build

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 08:44:13 am »

Well an estimate is a start and better than nothing, Thanks Steamboatbob , I will certainley be using it when / if I ever get round to building mine..   :-)) :-))

yorkiej

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 01:38:11 am »

Tip:-
Always wear camouflage when posting Steamboat, as there are snipers and rivet counter Police around. :police:
Thank you for the information, which I find very helpful for my Bismarck build.
Cheers
John
 :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

steamboatbob

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 06:14:23 am »

Yup i remember that yorkie but I'm used to people not liking what I do and i dont really care  :-) as the Bismarck build gives you ral numbers i thought this would go down nicely for people who dont have access to them

as with all forums it is only someones point of view you still can decide weather you wish to follow their advice

jinks8

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 09:45:54 am »

Very handy to have Steamboat sum folk will all ways try and throw a spanner in to a well oilled machen and then say the <*<y did not fix it that way .Thank you

Skidmarks

• Shipmate
BISMARCK PAINT TYPE, QUANTITIES, SUPPLIERS ETC
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 03:19:36 pm »

Have painted hull with a Humbol 'primer 1' grey acrylic aerosol spray and just finished the main mast but feel that to use an aerosol on that will not give a sufficiently fine spray for such an intricate part and no doubt lots more the same!?. So, have lashed out on an airbrush but cannot get a 'primer 1' in the Humbrol 12ml range, just a #64.  Seems to me I will be using lots of 12ml tins so do you know of a UK suppleire of larger than 12ml tins of acrylic paint please?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 22 queries.