Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: new to site  (Read 4857 times)

frazer heslop

new to site
« on: January 30, 2010, 11:26:58 am »

Hi ,just to introduce myself, my main interest are Walking and Steam Boats either full size or model
Regards Frazer

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
Re: new to site
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 03:10:11 pm »

Frazer,

Welcome to the site and general lunacy, occasional warfare and exceptional advice. The natives are (mostly) harmless but beware of tiggers and Capt'n Meldrew.  O0

Cheers,

Barry M

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 03:33:34 pm »

Frazer,

Welcome to the site and general lunacy, occasional warfare and exceptional advice. The natives are (mostly) harmless but beware of tiggers and Capt'n Meldrew.  O0

Cheers,

Barry M
Don't be afraid of Cap'n Meldrew....he's just getting over the loss of Rosie.
Notes from a simple seaman

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 05:14:47 pm »

Welcome aboard Frazer!

What your experience with steam models?

Martin  :-)
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

frazer heslop

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 06:41:04 pm »

:-)Thanks for the warm welcome in reply ,Iusually scratch build and have made Miranda and River Queen then got side lined for several years playing with hot air and petrol engines . Currently building Hobbies Arrow this has caused more problems than its worth but nearly finished so just to pile on the agony recently started a Bowman Swallow look alike.The next big project is going to be Bat Have been working on drawings for some time but with closure of the Steam Boat Museum Have had to rely on  some photograph what a crying shame the actions of these individuals to what should be a national asset anyway enough of that it just upsets me <*<
regards and best wishes Frazer

frazer heslop

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 09:39:04 pm »

Sorry forgot to ask who or what was Rosie or did she go down with all hands?
Frazer

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 09:50:55 pm »

Be very, very, careful. Bryan is known for his stiff upper lip (it's just above that quivering lower one) but Rosie is very close to his heart. It's a long and very painful story which he will only relate (with gestures) on payment of hard cash (upfront).  %)

Barry M

frazer heslop

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 10:16:13 pm »

Well that rules me out wiyh name like mine Idont part with cash

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 10:33:17 pm »

Oh dear. Here we go again..I suppose that I never told you that her alta-alias was "The Bat". But she was a bit of a sucker for a hard-on story. But, alas, she has gone to ground (i.e...to the werms (as we say in Geordieland). Personally, I shan't miss her all that much as she left me much of herself to remember her by. Herpes, Unspeakable disorders that are not really fit for public consumption, A sort of disjointed way of both walking and thinking and a propensity for talking to strange men (?) from somewhere north of me.
But apropos the query regarding "Bat", I may be able to help our a bit. If the poster would send me a PM or E-Mail(address is under the profiles) I could be in touch.....after the funeral, of course.
I forgot to mention that she didn't actually leave me anything apart from some of her more visible physical attributes, which I have been able (with the aid of various very minor universities) to reduce to 1:48 scale and clag on to some other poor mammary disadvantaged person (female). The legs I've put on to an Aberdeen supporter (minus kilt). Poor lady. But she had a sort of good life, varied and quite educational for a young boy just setting out on lifes rocky journey. But hey! Stature means nowt. The gimpy leg could always take over when the third one couldn't.
But, seriously, the guy wanting info on "Bat" should contact me....preferably during the hours of darkness. Cheers. BY Meldrew.

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 10:47:11 pm »

Now if that explanation hasn't sent the guy screaming for the hills I don't know what will!! Perhaps he will get used to your little ways eventually...... perhaps.....  %%

Cheers,

Barry M

frazer heslop

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 12:06:13 am »

Well a divnt na exactly Wat ya mean Mara but i get ya jist.Oh no not another yakka/sand dancer they all be saying but they probably divnt understand. Try that on the spell checker {-)

Patrick Henry

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 09:08:24 am »

Madness...complete and utter madness. You can see why it's called 'Mayhem'...   %%

You're all raving mad...I said raving mad.    :kiss:

Patrick Henry

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 09:09:30 am »

Oh, and welcome Frazer...there's still time, you know. Run away whilst you still have your sanity intact...

Rich

omra85

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 10:19:03 am »

Run away whilst you still have your sanity intact...

Welcome Frazer.
I once bought a lovely crocodile skin "tact" to keep my sanity in. Didn't work though, now I can't get it back!
I knew I should have bought a DEAD one!

On Mayhem you'll find steam nuts, scale nuts, sub nuts, sail nuts, power nuts - yes we're ALL nuts, but they don't half know some stuff  :-)) %%

Cheers
Danny

P If we already have Wilson and Kepple, there's only one vacancy left ....  I mean, its only SORT of like wearing a kilt  %) %) %)  (duck)

Patrick Henry

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 10:30:57 am »

If we already have Wilson and Kepple, there's only one vacancy left ....  I mean, its only SORT of like wearing a kilt  %) %) %)  (duck)

Mad...he's gone quackers now.

(I'll get me coat, then...)

frazer heslop

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 05:13:45 pm »

{-)Been Quakers for years thats why I spend hours turning good wood/brass into scrap.Do they still sail on South Shields Marine Park? there used to be some nice steamers and those funny things with sails

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2010, 05:22:59 pm »

hi ya frazer

Before we answer this  %% can you prove you are a genuine Sand-dancer?

Cos whether they sail on South Shields Marine Park Lake is a closely guarded secret  :-X :-X :} :} {-) 

You could ask MikeK - he used to belong to South Shields Model Boat club - just like me - but I still belong there.   Will we see you at the Temple Park Show?

aye
john
Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2010, 05:43:03 pm »

Well a divnt na exactly Wat ya mean Mara but i get ya jist.Oh no not another yakka/sand dancer they all be saying but they probably divnt understand. Try that on the spell checker {-)

Perhaps, just perhaps, you missed the salient point embedded within the "Rosie" saga. The nub being that I have a shed-load of info on disc that describes the build of "Bat" (although under a differently named sort of bat). A wonderful build and very engineering orientated. If you would like a copy then a simple PM to me will pave the way. Regards, BY.
PS....madness is only a form of recreation during this period of hibernation.

frazer heslop

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2010, 05:52:40 pm »

%% As Ilive north of smog monster land and a little south of the monkey hangers whats that make me yakka/makem/sand dancer coz ah divvent nha. When is Temple Park show? as ive not been to it before

Turbulent

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2010, 06:02:55 pm »

Welcome aboard mate, Sling your mick and stow your kit, there's a tinny in the fridge!

omra85

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2010, 08:19:56 pm »

Sling your mick

"Sling your Mick" - Norfolk rhyming slang - "Mick" = Mickey Spillane = BRAIN.  
Meaning - adopt a laid back, casual manner (often witnessed in Norfolk)  O0

Danipedia 2010

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2010, 08:26:10 pm »

"Sling your Mick" - Norfolk rhyming slang - "Mick" = Mickey Spillane = BRAIN.  
Meaning - adopt a laid back, casual manner (often witnessed in Norfolk)  O0

Danipedia 2010

Danny you need an interest or a hobby. %)
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2010, 08:29:19 pm »

Now if that explanation hasn't sent the guy screaming for the hills I don't know what will!! Perhaps he will get used to your little ways eventually...... perhaps.....  %%

Cheers,

Barry M

Any "particular" little ways in mind?

omra85

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2010, 08:45:49 pm »

Danny you need an interest or a hobby. %)

I know - I'll build a model boat!!
Now let's see -
Garage at minus 2 deg, steel tools sticking to bare hands, fibreglass not sticking to anything ...

Nah, I think I'll carry on being demented - and I get "Free health care" (if they catch me)  %% %%

Danny
 :P

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2010, 08:50:37 pm »

I know - I'll build a model boat!!
Now let's see -
Garage at minus 2 deg, steel tools sticking to bare hands, fibreglass not sticking to anything ...

Nah, I think I'll carry on being demented - and I get "Free health care" (if they catch me)  %% %%

Danny
 :P
C'mon you've retired and I'm sure Mrs 85 could do with a new DIY kitchen, it must be several  years since the last one. O0
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.