Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: schottel drives help #2  (Read 1801 times)

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
schottel drives help #2
« on: January 30, 2010, 10:27:02 pm »

Not the same drives but this time it's about the little red ones , normally fitted in the seabeck boat .
The thing is i have fitted one in a springer with a 540 motor from an electric rc car and this all runs off a 12v bat, and when i apply a bit of throttle the collar that the bottom drive clips onto slip's down a bit , this allows the vertical shaft to rise up and the drive cog slips. It may be that they are worn but is there any way i could take up the slack or stop the sleive slipping down.
daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
Re: schottel drives help #2
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 10:38:17 pm »

Oh well with Mr Pollit unable to get to the internet i have had to get the old grey matter working and set to the problem my-self .
As i couldn't find a solution to the actual problem of the slippage where the lower gear fits to the shaft , i decides that i would be better working on the top. And came up with this , a piece of alloy bent to 95 deg and screwed into the transum , the plate is fractionally above the top gear and when the bottom slips the plate will prevent it lifting and slipping on the main drive cog hopefully.
Some extensive trials will be needed to see if its a permanent cure of just tempoary .
daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.