Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Banging you head off a brick wall!!  (Read 1163 times)

Bartapuss

• Full Mayhemer
  • Deltic's Rule OK!
Banging you head off a brick wall!!
« on: February 05, 2010, 04:37:46 pm »

Whilst listening to a discussion of a couple of my work colleagues on the subject of golf, I couldn't help but butt in and enquire as to what type of caddy they used, to be told theirs were electric to which they lamented that they'd just spent a small fortune on new batteries for the up and coming new golf season. Great, you don't happen to have the old ones still do you, but unfortunately not they just exchanged them at the golf shop who would dispose of them on they're behalf for a small fee, then the penny dropped and the conversation ended with if we'd have only know you could have, well you get the drift.

But all was not lost, armed with the phone number of the golf emporium in question I thought it worth giving them a bell and chance my luck and see what could be salvaged in the name of model boating.

Me, I understand you sell golf caddy batteries could I possibly purchase a couple of the second hand ones you take in in exchange for new ones.

Woman who answered the phone, sorry we only sell the new ones

I explained my circumstances and as to why I was calling them but again only to be told they only sell new ones.

Me, so what happens to the old ones then??.

Woman, we have to pay some one to take them away when we get enough of them.

Me, Right!! so there's no possibility I could purchase a couple of them from you then??

Woman, no as we only sell new ones.

Me, Well in that case could I have a few for nothing then.

Woman, I'm afraid not as we pay someone already to collect them.

Me, So you pay someone to take them away but you cant let me have a few and I would pay you for them!!

Woman, I'm afraid so, we only sell the new ones.

Me, Any chance I could speak to the manager about this.

Woman, No I think he's busy but he'll just tell you the same thing as me.

Me, Ah right I see, so the managers told you that your not to sell the old batteries then, you must get a lot of enquires from people  asking  if they can buy the old ones then.

Woman, I don't know but as I said we only sell the new ones.

Me, AAAARGH   >>:-(  %%  >>:-(
Every time I learn something new, it pushes something old out of my brain - I says wot I likes and I likes wot I say!!!

Bee

Re: Banging you head off a brick wall!!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 04:43:11 pm »

There are only so many brain cells to go round everyone. Be thankfull you have more than average.

nemesis

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 05:44:53 pm »

Hi bartapus, Go & present yourself to the manager & tell him what you want & what they are for, you might
get what you want. That is how we get so many off the alarm people, it saves them the cost of disposal.
                                            Nemesis

craftysod

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 07:57:05 pm »

I went to my local Alarm company,and they would not let me have/buy any batteries,because of elf and safety laws.
They had to have someone with a permit/licence to remove batteries from site to be disposed of.
Madness
Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.