Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scratch built freelance tug  (Read 4711 times)

Geoff Cropper

Scratch built freelance tug
« on: November 23, 2010, 10:24:46 am »

Here's a few pics of my old tug ( now sold ) Brocklebank.       Named after the cottage I used to live in, in Amlwch Port, Anglesey,by an ex Brocklebank sailor many years ago.             I've looked for a Members Gallery of Models but I cant find one here, is it just my age playing up again?             

octo

Re: Scratch built freelance tug
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 11:31:48 am »

What a beautiful old girl, How could you part with her Geoff? :-))
Yours Tony.

Geoff Cropper

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 04:16:12 pm »

Hi Tony,         I needed some funds for my next project, an American Tugboat.        Here's some pics of the build so far.    Kind regards,  Geoff.

octo

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 06:40:30 pm »

Looking good Geoff, Please keep us posted ,Yours Tony

Geoff Cropper

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 03:06:08 pm »

You got me feeling guilty now for selling her, so I've just ordered plans for "Cervia" tug by Vic Smeed.      Also a good bloke in Glasgow is lending me some enlarged drawings for a 42" model.        Looks like I'm going to be busy for a while, with the Memsahib's permission of course.       Geoff.

Geoff Cropper

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 03:51:35 pm »

Here's a couple more pics of the build........

rathikrishna

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 08:00:24 am »

Sir, thanks for the idea and photographs...its too helpfull to me as i am building one from scratch....god may bless you...

Geoff Cropper

Re: Scratch built freelance tug Brocklebank & America.
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 07:10:37 pm »

Hi All,       Here's an update in pics of the build of the Macallister tug "America".        The hull is finished and painted with tile red concrete and floor paint and the black is Iron railing paint, both made to be hard wearing, ideal for tug hulls and barges.         The motor and shaft are fitted, also the becker rudder.           The belting around the hull at deck level is made from lots of pieces of wood 1/4 inch square and 1/2 inch long. glued on with resin end to end and the gaps filled later after the angles are sanded off round.        The cove line is vinyl self adhesive and vinyl letters, I might change the Bow ones for smaller letters later.         There's a few things yet to do around the deck and housing, like hand rails, ladder rails, lifeboat and davits, a mast and turning radar, Nav. lights and deck lights and flagpole with ensign.             Best regards  Geoff.                Hope the pics come out OK.

Geoff Cropper

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 09:12:57 pm »

Nearly finished, just the mast, lights, hand rails and smoker to connect up.       35mhz laser 6 converted to 2.4ghz .             Geoff.           

Geoff Cropper

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 03:02:11 pm »

Hi All,     Here's a few pics of the finished model minus lifeboat.            Cheers  Geoff.

farrow

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 09:57:22 pm »

I like the steering system must remember it next time I up grade any of my old tubs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 20 queries.