Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to forum  (Read 1754 times)

Dueller

New to forum
« on: February 07, 2010, 10:15:42 am »

Hi all,

Am just about to start boat modeling again, after many years. 20 or so years ago i built a Fairy Huntsman but nothing since then. Inspired by the many photo's and conversions of the "Legend" that is the Dickie/Seaport workboat and of course "the price", i will purchase one in a couple of weeks. I used to live in Kidlington about 2 mins from Howes Models ( i now live in London). I am going to pick one up when i visit my daughter in a couple of weeks.

For information: I rang howes on 06/02/10 and asked if they had any in stock, the chap did a check and told me they had 418 in their warehouse, yes 418 so they have plenty at the moment :-)

Lee

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
Re: New to forum
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 10:51:54 am »

Hi Lee you want to get in quick as these do seem to sell out fast.

You could order one on the internet, Howes are very efficient and normally delivery within a couple of days. :-))
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 01:56:03 pm »

Welcome back to the hobby Lee!    :-)

418?? .... so that's where they all went!
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Dueller

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 08:05:27 pm »

417 now as i took the advice and ordered one on the net. Will check it out when it arrives and when i go to kidlington i can pick up any bits and pieces i need as extras.  ok2

Dueller

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 06:38:51 pm »

Wow, Howes are quick and i am now the proud owner of a seaport workboat.

It seems to be quite solid on the outside and will check it all out inside when the battery is charged. Even in standard fit i think it would look quite good with just a bit of ageing.

Lee

tosh

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 11:25:56 am »

hi all just started building boats againg after thirty somthing years last boat built  leander class frigate out of the bbc programe   around about 1974  have now built 3 mtb s 1 21" bloobhound  1 24"higgins hellcat 1 48" higgins hellcat 1swedish coaster 36" 1 pusher tug and pull 1 barge to go with tud same colours and latest 1seaport tug from howes should have got i week earler as it went up £5  never mind wife bougth it as a pressent  have folled what other people have been doing to theres quite impressed sorry for being so long got carried away   tosh  (james poole) by the way i live in cirencester glos i thank you all .

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 11:45:08 am »

Welcome Tosh, plenty of help and advice on here should you need it.  :-)) :-))
Steamed up all the time
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 21 queries.