Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie and an RC Bismarck  (Read 3024 times)

BenVK

Newbie and an RC Bismarck
« on: February 07, 2010, 10:51:11 pm »

Hi guys, my first post here and some help would be appreciated. When I was a kid, my Dad bought a terrific RC model of the Bismarck and we had a lot of fun with it. I'm now 38 and have a bit of time on my hands what with the recession and a cut in working hours. Anyway, I bought a Tamiya 1/350 scale Bismarck but soon realised that it would be beyond my skills to turn it into an RC model so I bought one of these ready built ones instead. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280431256799&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT. It got it cheap, about a tenner and thank god I did because it was very disapointing. It had no rudder, no proper RC gear, just some cheap mickey mouse electronics and aweful huge latches to hold the superstructure on. So, I completely gutted it apart from the motors and shafts, bought some second hand RC gear off ebay and started again. I totaly re-sprayed it and added a rudder, there wasn't room for two!. I'm pretty happy with it except for one problem that I can't solve. Everything works fine except that the motors make a loud continuous beeping noise when the motors are turning. The ESC is a LM-406FB digital controller with forward and reverse. Don't know what the motors are, they have no markings. I'm not that good with the actual RC side of things, it was all trial and error.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Ben

BenVK

Re: Newbie and an RC Bismarck
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 11:00:17 pm »

British ingenuity! a plastic curtain rail thingy used for the rudder micro servo mounting. Worked a treat.  {-)

BenVK

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 11:05:09 pm »

The smallest rudder kit I could find. Had to do a lot of modification to get it to fit and work.  <:(

Wasyl

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 10:57:32 pm »

Hi,a friend of mine also bought one of these,and he paid £15 +postage,and he thought it was good value for the money,ok,it did,nt have a rudder,it steers off the props,and its fitted with a safty device that prevents the props turning when not in the water,He stripped out everything and fitted it all into a Tamiya 1/350 Bismarck,and was able to fit two rudders which he scratch built,

Wullie

BenVK

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 11:22:54 pm »

Can anyone help me with the beeping coming from the motors?

swordfish fairey

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 05:10:20 pm »

Hi Ben, you may find that it is the speed controller that is making the sound, I have a Thunder Tiger fishing boat that makes a contant noise like a fast beeping...Like your conversion, looks good....Smudge.. :-))

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 05:48:48 pm »

Can anyone help me with the beeping coming from the motors?

The tamiya ESC supplied with most of their cars does the same, I think its to let you know its switched on.... stops when you operat one of the controls
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

BenVK

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 08:22:02 pm »

I've lost patience with it now so if anyone is interested, it's on ebay:

Unfortunately if you refer to the sales board rules we do not allow links to eBay on Mayhem.

Thanks

BB

silent running556

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 08:48:54 pm »

Bismarck with a dodgy rudder eh, sounds familiar some how. O0 I had one a bit like this one years ago but by the time all the rc stuff was added it was too heavy to be put to sea so to speak.

silent running556

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 08:51:52 pm »

I've got a U47 that i'm doing in the Bismarck colours as above. Will you be trying something else then?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 21 queries.