Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Howes tomorrow  (Read 2227 times)

Dueller

Howes tomorrow
« on: February 19, 2010, 08:47:11 pm »

Going to see my daughter in Kidlington tomorrow and have allowed some time to visit Howes. I am looking to buy a couple of 6v 4ah cells for the Seaport but i've got a bad feeling that 2.4mhz is going to creep into the equasion. Not good as i have not budgeted for it. The male equvalent of a woman in a shoe shop.

craftysod

Re: Howes tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 08:51:09 pm »

Just go for it,gonna last longer than a pair of shoes.
£35 for a 2.4 set,not going to break the bank

Patrick Henry

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 09:09:44 pm »

Going to see my daughter in Kidlington tomorrow and have allowed some time to visit Howes. I am looking to buy a couple of 6v 4ah cells for the Seaport but i've got a bad feeling that 2.4mhz is going to creep into the equasion. Not good as i have not budgeted for it. The male equvalent of a woman in a shoe shop.

You'll spend a fortune in Howes...I did.  ok2

Rich

Dueller

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 09:31:59 am »

I used to live in Kidlington so i know it well. I also remember Howes when they had the old shop in Broad Street in Oxford. I got paid 2 days ago as well  :}

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 11:26:05 am »

John Cox is the man to seek out there. Knows his stuff; doesn't give you any bull, and he's a nice bloke, too. Send him my regards if you see him.
FLJ

Dueller

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 12:15:18 am »

I bought the battery and the charger, and then it all got away from me and there was an incident involving my bank card and a Planet T5 tx + rx  %)

Patrick Henry

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 12:59:00 pm »

Of course you treated the wife as well...meal out in a posh nosh place, theatre afterwards, few nightcaps,..etc.?

Or did you do what I used to do when I had a wife...keep quiet.   O0

Rich

Dueller

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 05:37:57 pm »

Without wishing to drop myself in deep Doo doo with any lady modelers, Wendy knows nothing about RC equipment so i just came up with a plausible reason for needing one.

craftysod

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 07:00:37 pm »

good man  :-))

Dueller

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2010, 07:35:02 pm »

I must also point out that it was paid for out of my own money, just in case you think i blew the housekeeping
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 20 queries.