Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking For A Mini Catamaran rtr  (Read 3568 times)

steamboatbob

Looking For A Mini Catamaran rtr
« on: February 22, 2010, 01:41:59 pm »

Hi Guys Im looking for a few ideas on an rtr mini catamaran hull as im not really sure what is available or just something that may have missed my eye on flea bay

I know of the proboat ones but do not like them very much and would rather stick with a brushless but a normal brushed setup is ok

Chers guys

steamboatbob

Re: Looking For A Mini Catamaran rtr
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 11:28:51 pm »

I have had really bad experiences with nqd so I will never go there again nor recomend them to anyone. The second boat you pictured is one i have spied on ebay and am very interested but i have to ask has anyone done a conversion on one of these kits

http://www.revell.de/en/products/model_kits/model_kits/products/?id=210&KGKANR=0&KGKOGP=10&KGSCHL=3&L=1&page=2&sort=0&nc=1&searchactive=&q=&SWO=&ARMAS4=&PHPSESSID=f9df91ce1b07653e380a3b11e7468126&KZSLPG=&offset=10&cmd=show&ARARTN=05901&sp=1

andyn

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 05:10:02 pm »

Kyosho Mini-z?

steamboatbob

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 12:37:39 pm »

the kyosho mini z is a little on the slow side for me so i might try my hand at a little kit bash as well as my other 2 builds going atm, the Bismarck and the dictator mini tunnel hull

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 03:14:45 pm »

this is a NDQ with a few mods, looks like fun.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BIG22BIRD#p/u/6/jOdSAX0gH5k

Peter

steamboatbob

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 10:44:12 pm »

if you look at that video closely peter you will notice that the framerate has been increases slightly to make the boat seem faster than it really is 1 tip to watching videos on you tube look at the water dynamics (waves, wash, general physics of the water) if it doesnt look right it generally is not and water dynamics is the same the whole world over

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 11:36:14 pm »

We are playing with some now with brussless set ups they do go well.

Peter

Umi_Ryuzuki

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 12:26:30 am »

The Mini - C have some good reviews, I have seen some run
stock, and modified brushless...

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=PRB3700

pompebled

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 04:49:51 pm »

Hi Bob,

Actually, the "RTR" cat in the link Martin posted isn't so bad at all, specially if you have experience in setting up a boat.

A friend ownes one and after 'rebuilding it' (taking everything that was bolted in, out of the hull and re-installing it with glue and/or loctite) it ran bone dry and very fast for it's size (40 - 50 km/h).

Making the revell kit rc is quite another 'task'...

Regards, Jan.
Boaters are nice people

steamboatbob

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 09:54:11 am »

well i got one off ebay and will post a few photos and stuff when finished

destroyer42

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2010, 08:50:36 pm »

Hi,
Tenshock models absolutely brilliant. Astec models http://www.astecmodels.co.uk/

Destroyer42

steamboatbob

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2010, 02:33:36 pm »

Well i have to say i have received my first bad ebay item I received the hull and came to look on here anoly to realise that martin had put a piccie of it just a few posts ago (the Sea Rider 2000) but i got mine shipped for 150USD went to go pick the box up from the local post office and i saw the box and it was devastatingly damaged and thaught to myself OH CRAP  >>:-(

took photos of the box as evdence for the shop and im still waiting to hear back from them as to the returning of it as when i opened the box i found 4 major cracks in the fibreglass one at the rear of the boat where all the hardware is mounted the whole left side has lots of micro crack in the fibreglass there is a crack in the top deck and at the front of the hull it looks as though something very heavy was dropped on top of it and it didnt help when the hull has not been packaged properly it had a small layer of bubble wrap around the whole thing I am just counting my lucky stars that i got it through paypal so I do have legal grounds if things get messy :police:

the thing i hate the most is i took photos of the damage and you cannot see it as the hull and top is black if it was any other colour i would be fine and you would see the damage <:( you can sort of see the crack along the hull at the water cooling outlet port

steamboatbob

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 01:32:05 am »

A word to the wise only get items through paypal off ebay as I ended up having to go through them to get a reaction from the seller of the boat they flatly refused to reply to me through ebay but as soon as i posted a complaint through paypal i had communication with the seller within 6 hours. Paypal can revoke the seller from using them and also you have insurance if the items are received damaged.

So right now i am happy it is only costing me $20 to send it back to them for a replacement
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 21 queries.