Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First Petrol Deep "V"  (Read 1815 times)

Sumo

First Petrol Deep "V"
« on: February 23, 2010, 05:01:36 pm »

Waiting for my first hull to arrive. Just ordred some running gear .going to fit a 2 stroke sikk engine hope to finnish boat by the end pf March as work gets in the way. Hull suplied by martno1fan. :-))

mook

Re: First Petrol Deep "V"
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 05:02:53 pm »

I am sure you will love it O0

john54

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 04:41:26 pm »

And iam sure you will get all the advice you need on here :-))

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 07:24:01 pm »

Waiting for my first hull to arrive. Just ordred some running gear .going to fit a 2 stroke sikk engine hope to finnish boat by the end pf March as work gets in the way. Hull suplied by martno1fan. :-))

Now the boat looks real good. Martin dose a nice job of them.
You say you are going to fit a Sikk engine to your new boat.  My Sikk engine lasted 4 months before the head cracked around the 2 bolts that hold it down. There is a copper head gasget which i am told helps with this problem. I now run a RCMK engine and Zens. I'm sorry to say i don't ever want another Sikk unit however there is still a few OMRA members who run them and are happy.  Good luck and I hope the build goes well.
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

bikerbabe

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 10:50:47 am »

good luck with the build hope all goes well with it

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 11:12:12 am »

Hi Rob your new hull should arrive with you today mate,hope your happy with it.Bill,Malc cheers for the compliments guys.
 Rob the sikks have had issues as Bill says but the copper gasket will prevent these problems,remove the paper one and buy a new copper one and loctite the head bolts and you should be fine.The two head bolts are the probelm as when you tighten down it squashes the paper gasket allowing the head to rock causing the piston to seize and binog bango,the copper one stops this from happening apparently  ok2.When you come to installing your prop tube offset it to the right about 1/8" and 1/2" up from the keel as in the pic,once drilled make the hole a slot up and down to allow adjustments then seal the tube in with silicone.Motor end is held witha  t bar or make wooden holder with plywood.You might need to shim the rudder bracket at the bottom as the transom is angled it depends what rudder your using.I use aluminium plate drilled for the bottom bolts to go through then you can use silicone to seal any slight gap you have to tidy it up.I'm sure you will enjoy how this boat runs she really likes the chop in fact prefers it,its like night and day how she runs when the water gets choppy.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 11:52:01 am »

Hows the build going Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 21 queries.