Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New member  (Read 1131 times)

duckman903

« on: February 24, 2010, 07:15:43 pm »

Hi ,Tom here alias "duckman" was into modeling boats seems like it was forever ago not really just 40 plus years . I was kicked to the streets along with 130 other folks when our company for closed and moved . I have plenty of time on my hands and have just got my shop set up , Bridgeport miller , Logan shaper , South Bend lathe , drill press , Hobart welder , more tools than I'll ever use but if I get rid of any I'll need it 2 days later . I previously owned my own machinery rebuilding co. and when that was closed down due to the economy I kept all the machines thats why my shop is full . I would like to make resonably large ocean going tug 48" to 60" long , electric drive kort nozzles , now the big question where can hull be bought . I'm located in north central Massachusetts USA

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 08:42:47 pm »

Welcome Duckman,

These guys do a range of tugs

http://www.mobilemarinemodels.com/index.html

Don't know what it would cost to ship your side of the pond but at least good to see what's about.

Cheers

Doug
Don't Assume Check

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 09:59:32 pm »

Hi Tom, welcome to the forum.

You could always have a go at building your own hull as an alternative to buying one ready made. It's not all that difficult, but it does take much longer to build a model.

Peter.

Dueller

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 11:35:51 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.