Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just signed on..  (Read 1580 times)

MrWintergreen

Just signed on..
« on: February 26, 2010, 06:42:11 pm »

Hello everyone!

Did a bit of googleing and found this terrific site, I think I'll enjoy it here  O0
How about experience then, well, som 20 yrs ago I finished Billings Wasa. I got it all together even if some parts are a bit tacky...next project, another Billing kit, Regina, started out after that. Unfortunately it went in to ha halt after a year or two (and still is), you know, kids and family and separations and stuff, everything to keep you ockupied and so.
But now I'm on it again, just finishing off a total renovation of my workshop, fully equipped with everything for woodworking. (yes, I am very fortunate, I know).
And some pics of the progress so far. Have done a couple of enhancements to the kit with the deck and wooden blocks which I've carved myself.
Single plank on bulkhead construction.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Just signed on..
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 07:27:14 pm »

Hi Mr Wintergreen and welcome aboard the mad good ship Mayhem.

Well that looks terrific, well done sir!
... pardon my ignorance, what type of boat is the Regina? What was she used for?

Martin
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 07:51:24 pm »

Welcome aboard. :}
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

MrWintergreen

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 07:53:38 pm »

Thanks!

Its okay, I take it from the enclosed booklet:
"One of the most common sailing vessels in Danish waters through the 19th and early 20th century was the "Danish Jagt". This fine little ship sailed with cargo and passengers..."
Gaff rigged as the box reveals and in scale 1:30. The finished model will be 730 mm long with a beam of 165 mm, height 650 mm.

/Håkan

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 21 queries.