Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hms Barham- Queen Elizabeth battleship  (Read 3264 times)

peeldy

Hms Barham- Queen Elizabeth battleship
« on: March 18, 2010, 08:28:41 pm »

I am nearing completion of HMS Eagle in 1/96th scale and am looking at starting my next project. I have decided to stick with the HMS Eagle theme and  that HMS Barham would be the  next project as they were both in the Mediterranean Fleet during the war and went on missions together.
HMS Barham was a Queen Elizabeth Battleship and sister ship to the more famous HMS Warspite.I am aware that Fleetscale do drawings and a hull for Warspite in 1/128 th scale or thereabout about but I want to build it to 1/96th scale in keeping with Eagle.
I s anyone aware of where I can purchase plans for a Queen Elizabeth battleship in 1/96th scale without going to the NMM?

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Hms Barham- Queen Elizabeth battleship
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 11:10:15 pm »

see if you can get the anatomy of ships "warspite"
and you can get the drawings from there

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 11:49:23 pm »

I knew I had seen Bahram somewhere
http://profilemorskie.home.pl/Bookshop.htm

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 12:18:23 pm »

Be aware that the ships of the QE class were all modified rather differently between the wars, Barham and Malaya less than the others although these two were not identical either. I think it is fair to say that they all went their separate ways in terms of modifications after WW1.

The Anatomy of the Ship Warspite book is good for Warspite but would be of only limited used in respect of the others - standard fittings etc.

Colin

peeldy

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 01:13:07 pm »

Thanks guys for your help. Have sent for the plans from Poland and although they are 1/200th scale I can double the dimensions up to near enough 1/96th.
At least it will allow me to start planning the next project.
That Polish site is pretty damn good. Lets hope the plans are up to scratch.  Thank again

Ian McGhie

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 09:17:48 pm »

Hi
You might like to know the Builders model of Barham is at the Scottish Maritime Museum in Irvine, housed in the building where the restaurant is.
regards
Ian
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 22 queries.