Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New member interests.  (Read 2071 times)

Neil

New member interests.
« on: March 04, 2010, 06:13:22 am »

Hello,

I am a new member, and, it has been suggested I tell a bit about myself. That's something I never do.

I should say firstly that I know almost nil about boats, I just like them, and have not had time to indulge myself until now.

Well, I'm trying hard to find kits if possible, plans if not on Steam Driven, also if possible, electric if not, Chinese Junk, Mississippi Sternwheel Riverboat, and I have an Imara kit that just arrived. I'm getting bits and pieces together to be able to start. I would rather have everything I need at hand first. I was given a model aero powered Runabout, 630mm long x 210mm wide, when I was about 13 years old. That makes it very old indeed. I am trying to convert it to electric power, so, I will keep you posted on how I get on.

May I thank Roger for his warm welcome.

Cheers.

Neil.  :} :embarrassed:

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: New member interests.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 08:01:18 am »

Welcome aboard Neil,

.... starting off with an Imara, nothing like taking on a challenge head on!
     It's a great kit, don't hurry it and you'll be fine.   :-))

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Bradley

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 10:22:10 am »

Welcome aboard, Neil.  My first serious build was 'Marie Felling' sister ship to 'Imara' and it turned out one of the best I have ever built, with hardly any problems. :-))

Derek.

Patrick Henry

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 10:51:22 am »

You're all mad...raving mad.   %%

Rich

Bradley

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 11:09:35 am »

You're all mad...raving mad.   

The words pan, kettle and black come to mind.  {-) %% {-) %% {-) %%

Derek.

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 01:30:35 pm »

Now see what you got yourself into Neil!  %%
Nah, not really, they're a good bunch of chaps.... honestly {:-{ They will always be happy to help you out.

Neil

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 12:50:44 pm »

WOW!!
What have I done???
What have I let myself in for?
Am I really that crazy?
Yep, it looks like it!
I think, I'll drift off into the Sunset, or the Moonset, or the Winterset.
Oh, ....Woe is me, sniff.
I'll have to chuck the other models I made 60 years ago, by the looks of it,
And, the others, the new ones, only 20 years old.
Ahhhh well.... {:-{

Neil

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 07:19:04 am »

How can I find a particular post, or reply, come to that?
I try, but.....
Neil.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 07:29:51 am »

How can I find a particular post, or reply, come to that?

Several ways.

If you go to the top of each board there is a search box.
If you know the topic, or even part of the content of a post, you can type it into this box and it will search that board.

If you go to the main front page board, and search, it will search the whole forum.

If you click advanced search, you can search by poster or by timeframe. e.g. the last 100 days.

Hope this helps
Mark
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

floater

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 08:49:36 pm »

Hi there from Myron
Just joined up today & will have lots of probably stupid questions so please bear with me. Firstly many thanks for the lovely warm welcome from Martin & Roger (La Belle France ) Funnily enough I was married to a lass from Quimper /Bretagne so am about 90% bi-lingual I've been a modeller all my life and approaching 65 I am finding aeromodelling a bit of a strain on my reflexes .I am in the Newcastle upon Tyne area & know there is a club not far away called Saltwell Park ,Gateshead so they might be a good start to get in touch with . I have actually built a couple of vessels so am not exactly a complete novice . I acquired a Billings HF 31 Maria No 520 kit some time ago but it's not really my "cup of tea" so its still in the box .As I have loads of 2.4 Ghz stuff (3 Tx's Futaba /Optic  6 with Corona module & a Giant Cod cheapo set up ) the radio side of things is no problem (only the servos are different I think ?)
Coming to the crunch' I feel that what I would like to build is a sailing yacht with working sails of course .Winches etc -but haven't a clue as to where to get plans .I have aquired loads of woods in sheets and strips over the years & looking at the price of kits I would obviously like to use it..
Well so much for my intro thats enough of me I think before I get boring! As I said I know very little & don't even know whether I'm headed on the right path .I have refurbished several full size craft - but not large working models .
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 22 queries.