Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OUR LASS II - Model Slipway  (Read 3086 times)

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
OUR LASS II - Model Slipway
« on: March 05, 2010, 08:12:50 pm »

Well where do I start! She comes very well packaged with the main box in the photos being inside another box for shipping. All parts very well packed with plenty of bubble wrap. The kit consists of the huge cavernous hull some 900mm(35.5") long with beam of some 300mm (11.75").
There is a sturdy cardboard box containing many, many metal fittings all bagged up, a bag containing piping for the crane,rigging and deck cable, a net sounder winch kit, anchor/gilson winch kit, kort nozzle (resin), ABS tube for bow thruster, and 60mm M4 nylon propeller. A brass/steel M4 229x203mm (9"x8") propshaft is included. Also there is a set of netting which is a nice touch.
The main cabin/structures are made up from 10x CNC machined and 3x printed styrene sheets, there is a sheet of clear styrene for the window glazing. The CNC parts are great to work with and simplify cutting out and assembly greatly.
There is a set of vac formings for the radomes, radar and liferaft canisters. There are various lengths and widths of styrene and ABS strip, tube, square tube. Various lengths and diameters of wooden dowel, metal and brass wire.
Instructions/parts list are very clear and easy to follow. There are 3 main plans, all to scale and very easy to understand, they include a plan for a boat stand which is always helpful. The set of markings included is very impressive.
Overall I am very pleased with this kit, I think she represents excellent value for money. There are some very good photos on Model Slipways website thanks to Mr A.Welch, these will help anyone with this kit(or any fishing vessel). Top marks to Jackie and Laurie for a top kit. :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 21 queries.