Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MFA Torpedo 800  (Read 3684 times)

swordfish fairey

MFA Torpedo 800
« on: March 09, 2010, 11:35:52 am »

MFA Torpedo 800

Does this motor need a suppressor fitting as it is not mentioned anywhere in the destructions? If it does, what type does it need, and how is it connected. When it comes to electrickery, I am a complete dummy.    It will be fitted into my Lady Jan tug.... :embarrassed: :embarrassed:....Smudge

FullLeatherJacket

Re: MFA Torpedo 800
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 01:50:50 pm »

For that big lump I'd suggest a 0.22uF ceramic capacitor across the motor brush terminals, and a 0.1uF ceramic from each terminal to the motor case. You can also ground the motor case to the prop shaft/tube. If you're coming to Sleepy Sheepdip Shepton Mallet next month I'll flog you a suppressor kit for a quid  8)
FLJ

pugwash

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 02:26:33 pm »

Hi Swordfish Fairey - sorry to hijack your post but the question is on a similar vein- I have two torpedo 500
motors fitted in my Battle class destroyer which I intend to run at 6v there are 3 brown blobs on the back of the engines
soldered on to the back of the engine - are these suppressors - if not what are they and do I need suppressors ??

Thanks  Pugwash

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 03:33:30 pm »

are these suppressors - if not what are they and do I need suppressors ??

Yes - that's what they are. You should be OK with three per motor.
FLJ

pugwash

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 04:52:49 pm »

thanks FLJ much appreciated - Ive rewired three houses before the government made it illegal - but Im
useless at this low voltage black art

Pugwash

swordfish fairey

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 05:00:47 pm »

For that big lump I'd suggest a 0.22uF ceramic capacitor across the motor brush terminals, and a 0.1uF ceramic from each terminal to the motor case. You can also ground the motor case to the prop shaft/tube. If you're coming to Sleepy Sheepdip Shepton Mallet next month I'll flog you a suppressor kit for a quid  8)
FLJ

Your on mate, see you there :-))..Smudge
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 19 queries.