Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thunder Tiger 46 PRO Marine  (Read 12222 times)

ids987

Re: Thunder Tiger 46 PRO Marine
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2007, 03:42:05 pm »

all i know is this the only way to beat high rpm or hp is higher torque,a lower reving motor may be able to get some speed back on a higher reving motor by using a larger prop as they can have more torque.
roy big difference between air and water"" also boat motors have better torque thats why they move that prop faster on the water than any plane engine !!.
????

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2007, 04:35:37 pm »

whats hard to understand??air no resistance water lots of resistance!!.thats my last word on this topic theres more to life.

BobF

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2007, 05:42:49 pm »

Hi martno1fan,

I know you can't reply to this, as you have had your last word. But have you ever tried walking into a gale.
Air does have resistance.  ;D

Water can have a lot of resistance depending on the hull form. Thats why land yachts are so much quicker than a sailing boat.
I suppose that you could argue that a boat has to over come both the resistance to air and water, where an aeroplane only has to over come air.
This is also my first and last post on this topic.

Bob

ids987

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2007, 09:13:33 pm »

whats hard to understand??air no resistance water lots of resistance!!.thats my last word on this topic theres more to life.
Hi Martno1 fan,

I understood the point about air vs water resistance. There were two quotes in my last post. Both were about torque. I wondered which applied.
I agree though. Time to move on.

Ian
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 22 queries.