Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dickie Prop Size.  (Read 2753 times)

Davenotdone

Dickie Prop Size.
« on: January 16, 2010, 03:05:17 pm »

Hi! does anybody know the size of prop that comes with the Dickie tug please, regards, Dave.

pompebled

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Dickie Prop Size.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 09:21:41 am »

Hi Dave,

Measured while mounted (no easy access) it's a threebladed Ø 42 mm prop.

If you're refitting a 'proper' (= non leaking) stuffing tube and propshaft, a brass 45 mm Raboesch, three or four bladed will fit nicely.

Regards, Jan.
Boaters are nice people

Davenotdone

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 11:45:02 am »

Hi! thanks for that. I have allready fitted a 45m 4 blade brass prop and new stuffing tube etc, but unfortunately the motor ran too hot ( to touch ). I was advised that i was trying to run too large a prop with the original motor so i want to replace it with the original ( or same size ) prop which i thought would be a lot smaller that 45m. Do you run your tug with the original motor ot have you fitted a larger one? Thanks for your help on this matter, regards, Dave.

pompebled

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 05:02:42 pm »

Hi Dave,

Sorry for the delayed reply, but I've been very busy lately and don't frequent the forum much (shame on me...).

Here's the thread about my 'adventures' with my Dickie tug:
http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=19477.0

As you can read there, I managed to 'cook' my stock motor by running it far too long continuously without some form of cooling.
At present the tug has a 550 fitted, a five pole armature that allows me to crawl along if I like to, the stock motor  started at much higher rpm when the throttle was applied, this way it's a much nicer boat to play with.

Regards, Jan.
Boaters are nice people
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.