Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Haven't we heard this before?  (Read 1476 times)

rem2007

• Full Mayhemer
Haven't we heard this before?
« on: March 22, 2010, 10:29:12 pm »

Latest forecast for this summer, break out the Hibachis

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20100322/tuk-bbq-summer-predicted-dba1618.html

Hmmm, maybe I'm getting old, but please, for all the funds the Met office gets, couldn't they at least apologize when the get it wrong

PMK

Re: Haven't we heard this before?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 10:50:41 pm »

Hey, Rem, whatever happened to that bloke down your way? You know the one I mean?.. the old gadgy who used to predict the weather with spot-on accuracy - year after year. Remember? I've forgotten his name, a nice old bloke, used to do all his low-tech calculations in his shed.
The Met guys hated him.

hopeitfloats

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 08:18:09 am »

i hope for your sake it doesnt get that hot. we had a few days near that temperature this summer and its way beyond enjoyable......especially when they happen on work days.  air conditioning sellers will no doubt be rubbing their hands with glee though.

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 01:13:02 pm »

but please, for all the funds the Met office gets, couldn't they at least apologize when the get it wrong

Not the met office this time but a forecasting firm in Wales, who purportedly have a better record than the Met Ofiice (not difficult)  :-))
Don't Assume Check

rem2007

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 05:23:44 pm »

Sorry PMk, never heard of that guy, but anyone could do better than that lot in Exeter, nice building they have though.

...and as for Welsh weather forecasters, never heard one, the only time I've been to Wales I had to pay to get in and it was raining so hard didn't rewalise I'd crossed the bridge til I stopped to pay the toll, but they couldn't do any worse than the guys in Exeter.

I'll have to ring my Mohawk blood brothers back home and tell them to stop the rain dancing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 21 queries.