Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Author Topic: Photos on the Forum & Resizing  (Read 285086 times)

T33cno

Re: Photos on the Forum & Resizing
« Reply #350 on: December 21, 2017, 10:58:36 pm »

Yup its pinging hot now  :-))

EDIT even on modify !

Martin must be stuck under the hood  {-) :-))
DOUBLE EDIT  Whatever you did don't touch it!

T33cno

« Reply #351 on: December 21, 2017, 11:03:22 pm »

My Turkey

Do you always tie your birds ankles together {-)

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #352 on: December 21, 2017, 11:15:16 pm »

I'm crying foul now..............Too many birds to look at..........Hugh Heffner will be turning in his grave......He never had so many chicks in his nest.

far too cagey for that to be caught with his feathers ruffled..........

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #353 on: December 22, 2017, 10:40:07 am »

Beautiful pictures.  The clarity of detail is superb.    :-))

Well done

ken
Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

xrad

• Full Mayhemer
  • Keeper of the Sun Dried Tomato
« Reply #354 on: January 01, 2018, 02:08:01 pm »

seems MBM is still dropping many pics, like in the steam section.  I use 600 x450 and this seems to work without issue

Easy to resize pics in windows standard image viewer: open>edit>resize>600 horizontal(keep aspect/proportional)

T33cno

« Reply #355 on: January 01, 2018, 02:53:37 pm »

I don't buy newspapers so my picture hosting is effectively free at under £1 per week compared to the daily muck dredger.
No limit on storage nor file size and never let me down in many many years. Yes it will disappear if I die but nothings forever  <:(

tizdaz

• Full Mayhemer
  • Boom!
« Reply #356 on: January 01, 2018, 09:33:00 pm »

Hi guys, just a quick one (Wasn't sure where to post this so feel free to move to the correct section!)

If you need to re-size your Photos (which most of us do as the default size is huge & file size is large) then visit this website, its VERY simple to use & you can resize your photos in no time:

http://www.picresize.com/

from this page you have a couple choices:

Quick Resize (For single images)
If you just have the one photo, then just click on the "Quick Resize" link then on the following page select the "BROWSE" button & select the photo on your computer & click on the "Open" button. You can then choose what resize you would like from the presets (25%, 50%, or 75%) or you can select as custom size, 50% which is the default setting is usually ideal, but if your photo is still too large try the 75% option or like I say, you can specify your own size using pixels. Now just click on "I'm done, Quick Resize My Picture" button. You will then see a few different options for your image including details such as the all important File Size. If all is good then just click on "Save to Disk" button & proceed to save your newly resized image to your computer, now you can upload it to the forum with no file size issues! :)

Multiple Pics (For more than 1 image).. A little more involved, but very simple!
For resizing multiple photos at once, just click on the "Multiple Pics" link then click on the "Add Multiple Files" button, at this point a windows dialogue box will pop open on your computer, just browse to where your photos are stored that you wish to resize then select them all by either dragging a box around them or to only select specific photos in the folder just hold down the "Ctrl" key on your keyboard (the Ctrl key is usually located at the bottom left or right of your keyboard layout) whilst left clicking on the photos you want & then release the "Ctrl" key, once your happy with the photos you have selected click on the "Open" button & then click on the "Upload Files" button, depending on how many photos you selected this can take some time so be patient! Once upload is complete (which will be indicated with a message saying "Upload Successful") you can then proceed to resize your photos, you can either use the default setting of 50% or choose one of the other presets, (50% is usually ideal) then just click on the "Submit Batch Job" button, again depending on how many photos you selected, this can take some time! Once resizing is complete just click on the "Save to Disk" button & save your newly resized photos, you should now be able to upload your photos to the forum with no file size issues! :)

I know some of you might be thinking "why not just use Photobucket?" well, I've NEVER been a fan of photo bucket simply because if a file/image is not viewed for a certain amount of time, then the file loses its direct link, which is why on a lot of posts you only see Photo Bucket Place Holder image & not the original image, this isn't only annoying as to view the file you are then pointed to the actual Photo Bucket website where you have to press 1001 links just to find the image usually! but it also messes a topic up. Uploading files/photos to the forum is a MUCH better method as this will ensure that the photos will be there as long as the forum is!

Simples!

Daz :)
My large-scale TID Build Website: http://www.tizdaz.co.uk/forum

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/RCTidTug/

MOXCY

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #357 on: January 12, 2018, 10:07:17 am »

Hi, how do you upload imgages as know matter what i try iam having no joy even after making pictures smaller file size! Is there a thread anywhere that explains how to do it.

Chris

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #358 on: January 12, 2018, 10:11:34 am »

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

petermun

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #359 on: January 12, 2018, 10:12:55 am »

Try a free program Robotsizer.

MOXCY

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #360 on: January 12, 2018, 10:25:13 am »

Try a free program Robotsizer.

Thanks Ken i will have a read, i make sure pictures are jpeg delow file size for upload but still no joy!

Hopefully i will work it out as just started a MBD Shannon and Atlantic build so it would be good to post some pictures.

C-3PO

• Full Mayhemer
  • I thought that hairy beast would be the end of me
« Reply #361 on: January 12, 2018, 10:27:10 am »

Chris,

Best place to upload them is Model Boat Mayhem image server - Martin worked so hard to make this one work..

Register account here : - http://modelboatmayhemimages.co.uk/login - select the "create account" top right hand side

No image sizing required - just upload images

You can then either login direct to MBMI sever and upload images and then find link code and paste that into your post or use the little green cloud button on the post icon tray bottom left which allows you to link direct to image server

PS Is that M zero?

_._

C-3PO
I think it's the way I have learnt most of my stuff - getting very stuck first...

MOXCY

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #362 on: January 12, 2018, 11:12:34 am »

Chris,

Best place to upload them is Model Boat Mayhem image server - Martin worked so hard to make this one work..

Register account here : - http://modelboatmayhemimages.co.uk/login - select the "create account" top right hand side

No image sizing required - just upload images

You can then either login direct to MBMI sever and upload images and then find link code and paste that into your post or use the little green cloud button on the post icon tray bottom left which allows you to link direct to image server

PS Is that M zero?

_._

C-3PO

Ive registered with that uploaded a photo which worked but just need to work out how to add picture eto post now! Will have anothe play tonight and thank you for your comments guys 👍

MOXCY

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #363 on: January 12, 2018, 11:15:02 am »

C-3PO

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #364 on: January 12, 2018, 11:31:56 am »

You can do all this in one using the green cloud icon ( below the BOLD text icon on the post tool bar)

But to get the images to appear in your post simply get the URL EMBED CODE and paste it in your post where you want the image to appear

E.g.

Which can be found on the MBMI system

and I usually use the BB one

C-3PO
I think it's the way I have learnt most of my stuff - getting very stuck first...

MOXCY

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #365 on: January 12, 2018, 01:05:28 pm »

You can do all this in one using the green cloud icon ( below the BOLD text icon on the post tool bar)

But to get the images to appear in your post simply get the URL EMBED CODE and paste it in your post where you want the image to appear

E.g.

Which can be found on the MBMI system

and I usually use the BB one

C-3PO

Brilliant will gibvw it a go later on my main PC as been trying on phone and ipad

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #366 on: January 12, 2018, 02:02:46 pm »

Time procedure for uploading thus was embedded in a FIXY so newcomers can home in on it without having to excavate all the different related threads .  Or have i missed something ?
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #367 on: January 12, 2018, 02:45:06 pm »

Hi, how do you upload imgages as know matter what i try iam having no joy even after making pictures smaller file size! Is there a thread anywhere that explains how to do it.

Chris

I told you on your MBD Shannon build.............its easy and even I can do it and i'm a p i l l o c k  where computors are concerned.............even dave milbourn will vouch for that.........totally straight forward.so if I can do it......ANYONE CAN.

HERE'S THE LINK.....      https://light-image-resizer.soft32.com/

MOXCY

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #368 on: January 12, 2018, 02:53:24 pm »

I told you on your MBD Shannon build.............its easy and even I can do it and i'm a p i l l o c k  where computors are concerned.............even dave milbourn will vouch for that.........totally straight forward.so if I can do it......ANYONE CAN.

HERE'S THE LINK.....      https://light-image-resizer.soft32.com/

😂😂 i will get there!!

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #369 on: January 12, 2018, 03:03:01 pm »

Baldrick

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #370 on: January 12, 2018, 04:36:02 pm »

BUT if you do it on the forum green button you do not have to bother resizing , IT DOES IT ALL FOR YOU , no matter how big  your upload is.
And everyone thought it was IVAN who was terrible

Rob47

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #371 on: January 13, 2018, 05:06:05 pm »

wish it did, i had this question on Jan 2nd but no reply, so nice to have some info.  Gone through all the bits, see image being uploaded, then nothing at all, so what next?

I will finish this model

bfgstew

• Full Mayhemer
  • Comfortably Numb
« Reply #372 on: January 13, 2018, 05:16:29 pm »

Click on green icon.
Select image you want to upload.
Press upload.
Image is now uploaded into your album.
Click on user name.
Scroll down and select image, tick box in top right corner.
Click on 'action'.
Click on 'get embedded code'.
Click on down arrow to expand option.
Select full bb code.
Click on copy.
Go back to your reply and paste code.
Simples.
"Give me a ping Vasili. One ping only, please"

MOXCY

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #373 on: January 13, 2018, 05:25:51 pm »

Click on green icon.
Select image you want to upload.
Press upload.
Image is now uploaded into your album.
Click on user name.
Scroll down and select image, tick box in top right corner.
Click on 'action'.
Click on 'get embedded code'.
Click on down arrow to expand option.
Select full bb code.
Click on copy.
Go back to your reply and paste code.
Simples.

Totally agree and it should be easy but when I tried on main pc earlier the green button would not work!!!

C-3PO

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #374 on: January 13, 2018, 05:39:12 pm »

The green button does seem to sometimes have a mind of it's own.

You can always just get the image embed link code by having the MBMI web page open at the same time as Mayhem and simply paste in the BB code

C-3PO
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 21 queries.