Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Royal Mail Robbery  (Read 5935 times)

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
Re: Royal Mail Robbery
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2010, 05:49:41 pm »

Similar thing happened to me PMK.

I live in Southampton, a member of this Forum who lives in Fareham, 15 minute down the M27 sent me a letter in February with a few spade connectors and small nuts and bolts in it.

I had to go down to the local sorting office yesterday to collect the envelope because the postage was 8p short.

I had to pay the 8p and a handling charge of £1 to get the letter.

When I got the letter it had an Isle of Wight post mark on it.

So nearly two months to get the letter which somehow crossed the Solent twice on its journey to me. >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(

Thanks for the letter Mark. :-))
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2010, 06:17:21 pm »

I personally know of at least one particular bozo who stuck a 2nd-class stamp where a 1st-class stamp should have been, then, when it arrived (late), the poor bloke at the other end had to stump-up the remainder before RM would release it.
...isn't that right, Monsieur Jaquette?

Vous avez raison, o great agrarian bozo dude - but you missed out the bit about being told by the PO delivery geezer that a second-class stamp would do the job, and that the fee payable includes a quid penalty on top of the cost of the additional stamp.  The swine was obviously on commission  >>:-(
FLJ

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2010, 08:29:10 pm »

Er, am I missing something in this thread!? Recorded Delivery is what it says, the delivery is recorded when you sign for it. It isnt and never has been a postage tracking system.

I paid for an RC helicopter, a Morley Hughes 300C in fact which I had dismantled and packaged in a box, to be collected by courier and delivered to Wakefiled IIRC. The guy who bought it complained when delivered it was badly damaged and sent photos. In turn, I claimed on the insurance but they gave some lame excuse about not paying out the £240 I sold it fo.

Eventually, after a lot of argument, they 'kindly' refunded the cost of the insurance. Twunts! So, it aint just the PO who cock up.

PMK

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2010, 08:34:29 pm »

"The swine was obviously on commission"

No, I don't think it was him; I think it must have been the girl in the queue - the one who'd sold me the stamp. Don't forget, the queue was like three days long at that point and my turn for the counter was like two days away. I wanted out, couldn't be doing with all that malarkey, but figgered that since I'd come all that way already... Besides, the delivery man was just leaving, on his way back to the sorting office with the day's bags. I wanted my letter to go on that day (read didn't fancy coming back the next day for yet another loooooong wait), asked the delivery man if he'd mind waiting until I'd been served. He was kind enough to wait but you could tell he was itching to go (he WAS busy, after all). Some chick standing just two customers behind, laden with tons of HUGE jiffy bags, spotted the size of my tiny one (jiffy bag) tapped me on the shoulder and said: "If that's all you're posting, I have some 1st-class stamps you can use.". The answer to my dilemma. So while she's shufti'ing her handbag, I'm talking with the chap standing between her and I, in deep conversation about longitude/latitude, blah. Leastways, I *think* she said first class. For all I know I it may indeed have been a 2nd-class one. I took it from her hand, like a berk, let it fall to the floor - sticky-side up, picked it up, stuck it to the jiffy bag, handed it to the fed-up looking delivery man, and that was it -- 1x jiffy winging its way to Notts County. And all in the blink of an eye, so I didn't get a proper grok of how much postage I'd just bought. She took a quid from a pile of coins in my hand, so I just assumed I'd had a 1-class on there. The delivery man mast have thought the same because he weighed it up in his hand and agreed that my £1 was pretty much guaranteed a next-day delivery on a letter of that size/weight. He couldn't have been working a scam - was too honest.
So blame HER. It was HER that creamed my palm. The robbing trollop.

In all fairness to the RM, those incurred charges , when you compare to how much the proper postage would have been in the first place, equals out at pretty much the same. The only main penalty is that the bloke at the receiving end suddenly gets whacked with a fee that he didn't even incur, AND the agro of taking time out to go collect.

Dammit, Mon Ami Pro Jaquette, if ever I should meet that palm-tickling strumpet again...........
At least Dicky's one got to see the sea TWICE.

alan colson

• Full Mayhemer
  • I Just Dabble In Model Boats
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2010, 04:35:34 pm »

I had a modeller phone me at home last week asking me if I had returned all the information to him for the Alfold Charity Model Boat Show. I asked him for his name and address to which I replied I do not remember an entry in that name and asked if he could hold whilst I checked the last few entries I had yet to process. He told me that he had put a Postal Order in with the entry. I have not received an entry this year with a Postal Order in it.
Oh! he replied, that's gone missing in the post then.
ROYAL MAIL ROBBERY AGAIN!!
How many more times am I going to loose mail either sent to me or from me?
Still they insist that it is a good service (I DISAGREE)
Alan

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2010, 05:29:26 pm »

I had a modeller phone me at home last week asking me if I had returned all the information to him for the Alfold Charity Model Boat Show. I asked him for his name and address to which I replied I do not remember an entry in that name and asked if he could hold whilst I checked the last few entries I had yet to process. He told me that he had put a Postal Order in with the entry. I have not received an entry this year with a Postal Order in it.
Alan

Im certain the mail have a section that does special investigations if you regularly have items of value posted to you or by you going astray.

Maybe an idea to contact RM and ask about this as Im certain if there is a thief in your nearest sorting office, it wont just be your post that's affected and they'll want to investigate.

Just an observation.

alan colson

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2010, 04:25:35 pm »

Im certain the mail have a section that does special investigations if you regularly have items of value posted to you or by you going astray.

Maybe an idea to contact RM and ask about this as Im certain if there is a thief in your nearest sorting office, it wont just be your post that's affected and they'll want to investigate.

Just an observation.
I have in the past spent time at the local sorting office with a manager trying to sort out the problems, I just seem to be banging my head against a brick wall, the service is rubbish >:-o (this is my own personal opinion), some of you may think differently.
Alan

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2010, 06:33:12 pm »

Disregarding "genuine" mistakes of procedure/mismanagement and so on.
What happens to a "postie" who is found to be dishonest? I seem to recall such a situation a few years ago when it was obvious that the guy was as guilty as hell, but the "Union" stood by him and threatened a strike if he was sacked. "Management" caved in again, and so a precedent was set. No matter what problems the RM has, it does, always, return to the way an organisation is managed from the top downwards, and not from the masses underneath. BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2010, 06:45:40 pm »

Well, they get sacked for not wearing their bike helmets round here <*<

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2010, 07:00:22 pm »

There is/was an internal police investigation department in the post office as the ex son in law worked in it. I also remember seeing "Auction" lists of items that had been lost/found in the mail.

Regards   Ian.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

modelbob63

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2010, 01:56:24 am »

I sent a parcel to Wigan on the 17th feb 1st class Recorded/signed for still has not arrived filled out a p58 claim form and sent wigan a refund again 1st class Recorded/signed for last thursday 5 days later their track & trace still shows it in their system,the same message as the original parcel. >:-o >:-o >:-o >:-o ;D
bob

alan colson

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2010, 04:32:11 pm »

Alan

I have received the 2nd entry from this gentleman today, he sent it special delivery, with this postage, 2 postal orders, return sae's etc. it has at present cost him about £50-00 to enter the show, I hope he gets good compensation from the PO (BETTER THAN THE INSULT OF 6 FIRST CLASS STAMPS)

Alan
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.