Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Royal Bank Of Scotland  (Read 1309 times)

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
Royal Bank Of Scotland
« on: March 24, 2010, 05:33:49 pm »

I 'm treaurer for a sports and social club , we have a monthly draw to raise money. Members pay £2 a month by standing order to be in the draw.
Each month I (used) to get supplementary statements showing the 450 odd BACS payments itemised. These are checked against the database to make sure only paying people are in the draw.

On the 9 December they stopped coming, I waited 'til after Christmas just in case they were delayed, none came so I rang the bank.

She checked the account said it was all set up Ok, wait ten days for the post and it should be Ok.

Waited the ten days nothing, rang the branch again, got a totally uninterested person who said it would be OK, wait ten days for the post.

Waited ten days, rang again, this time I made sure she checked the account details, she said it should be OK and had ordered back copies, ten days later a copy of the ordinary monthly statement came. No use, as this was not what I wanted.

Next I went into my local bank, I thought speaking to a person direct might help, no luck, all that came were more duplicate statements of the monthly ones. Back at the branch they said they would refer it to a special department, they would ring me in a day or two.

No calls, so I looked on the RBS web site, found a complaints form to fill in. Filled this in and got a reply next day...

They have reffered  it back to the branch, who will reply in............ ten days,

Round we go again. five days left.

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
Re: Royal Bank Of Scotland
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 07:09:38 pm »

Just to say that now in August eight months on, the RBS still haven't managed to resume sending me the statements.
They have sent me two cases of wine to say sorry, but not the statements , yet.

The long Build

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 08:19:44 pm »

Thats to hope you drink both cases in one go and then completely forget about the Statements.. :}

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 09:48:37 pm »

Forget the e-complaint system unless you get to collect real, rather than automated, replies.  There should be somewhere you can send a real, old fashioned letter of complaint to, even if its only the ombudsman.  They are creating the potential problem that if someone decides to stop paying, or misses a payment for whatever reason, you will have no clue who it might be, and in a community of pushing 1000, this becomes a real probability, rather than a distant possibility.
Use the PC to write the letter, this lets you save the correspondence, which is useful, because you get to append the preceding correspondence just in case they have lost their copies.  It concentrates their minds wonderfully.  That's what did it for me when the Midland found themselves unable to comprehend that a second standing order to an insurance company was as well as, rather than instead of, the preceding one.  Naming names speeds their thinking and action process as well.

"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.