Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Things you'll remember all your life...as they say.  (Read 1237 times)

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
Things you'll remember all your life...as they say.
« on: March 25, 2010, 07:52:55 pm »

A group of us were on a fell walking holiday in the Lake District. Only Henry smoked and he used to get a bit of stick about it. Julian had come armed with some Joke explosives that you tucked into the end of a ciggy, and when the fire got to it BANG the smoke exploded. When H left his packet about the things were secretly inserted.

Anyway were out in the hills and had stopped, sat down, for Henry to have his ciggy. This was back in 1982 and the Falklands war was in full swing.
As Henry lit his ciggy he looked at his watch 12 noon, I think.  

"The total exclusion zone starts now" he announced

With which there was a BANG and his cigarette was left a shredded stump in his fingers...........Perfect timing

We still enjoy a chuckle over it 28 years later.

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Things you'll remember all your life...as they say.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 04:51:08 pm »

Sticking with cigarettes, when I was in "Norseman" we had an engineer officer who would go to extravagant lengths to pull off a practical joke. Once he "borrowed" a pack of 200 from the Ch.Steward, opened up the whole lot and carefully wrote "Kilroy was here" on each ciggy, then resealed the whole lot up again. The "target" duly got his package and nearly had convulsions. BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

mickyrubble

Re: Things you'll remember all your life...as they say.
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 03:25:16 am »

Looking at the top shelf mags in the papershop,when i was 12.Then i felt a warm buzzing sensation in my right ear when my granny  clocked me one %% %% %% %% :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.