Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: UPdated Yorkshireman  (Read 13513 times)

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
Re: UPdated Yorkshireman
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2011, 12:40:22 pm »

Lovely     :-))

Ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

billa65t

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2011, 08:01:10 pm »

Nice build,very nice attention to detail, keep up the good work and the photo's gives the rest of us something to aim for. :-)) I to have three daughters but there all teenagers now and i have less time now to build boats than I did when they were young ( they went to bed earlier and didn't need lifts everywhere!)
Regards
Bill   8)

crzydoyle11

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2011, 11:01:21 pm »

I am attempting to install some window frames on the Yorkshireman this is my 3rd attempted at it started with brass than Tye plastic if you have any helpfull tips for me with this part of the boat let me know thank you. I only have hands tools to do this with. like dermal tool and flies, etc,etc. here are some photos of it.

crzydoyle11

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2011, 10:15:42 pm »

hey there fellow shipmate's; OK I have just installed a second 12 volt battery, but nothing is hook in to them yet, I still have to order my bow thruster yet before I can start gluing anything down yet. I am still unsure if I will hook both the 12 volt battery's together and turning them into a 24 volt sys. I may not only because the motors that I have only work up 12 volt. but here are a few picture of it with the battery's there and my power center.. And on the power center I made removeable brackets for it just in case so will still be able to remove the battery's if I need to in case of something unfore seen happens... Also means that I can get to the bow thruster and the bilge pump as well. I am thinking of a second bilge pump as well we will see about that yet..

crzydoyle11

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2011, 10:09:03 pm »

OK there shipmates hear are some photos with the bow thruster and second bilge pump hold down bolts, and power center installed.. Also in the photo's I added some ballast to the stern..

crzydoyle11

« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2011, 01:01:43 am »

OK THERE ship mates. I added some color to the inside of the Hull' I know that I do not have to. but I did just the same. I know have both of the  bilge pump hook in and working, It is a bite of over kill" OK I know it is over kill!! I had one just on laying around so I use it..  <*<  And if you see a tube on the bottom of the the hull that a pickup tube if water should get inside of the boat. And it runs under the battery..

crzydoyle11

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2011, 01:55:34 am »

started to wire up the Yorkshireman here are couple photos to show what i am up to..

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2011, 05:14:44 pm »

Can you please tellme what exactly is different between old ans updated kit of Yorkshireman?? I had old kit, builded tug, was nice, but some details was extremely heavy, for example MAST, It was broken by itself, when transpotred once in the car. I am thinking again about this kit.And second thing I do not like, the polyester./mar hulls, model Slipway using, it is very cheap material.

Model_Slipway

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2011, 07:00:29 pm »

Hi 737

Nice to see you around again.  The upgraded kit has lots more etched brass parts, the plastic sheets are pre-cut for more accurate assembly, some of the heavy fittings on the mast are now very fine etched brass. The mast can be made removable for easy transport in the car ...  The underwater-gear has been re-designed, new assembly drawings and plans. Regarding the "cheap" polyester grp hull it is more than adequate and fit for purpose - not everybody is prepared to pay extra for carbon fibre or epoxy grp!!

All in all a better kit and still a successful one after 20 years.

Sorry we can't please everyone  :((

Regards
Jackie

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2011, 07:07:55 pm »

H Jackie. I am new on this forum, not once again. But anyway, thanks for all your informations.  It sounds good,about changes. Yes you are right, this tug is GREAT. Need just changed some small details, but it is not problem. If mast is removable, it is OK, I was thinking to make all lights from LED, or not working-resin. Hopefuly this kit is still on the market. Thanks for info.

crzydoyle11

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2011, 03:43:35 am »

Adding rudder hatches to the deck, for service when need it. here are some photo's of it..hoppfully I may never need to use them

crzydoyle11

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2011, 05:03:35 pm »

OK adding some more details for the tug I am making the crane to move and maybe work as well. hear some photos of it as it is today.. more work will be need it still yet.

crzydoyle11

Re: UPdated Yorkshireman crane
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2011, 02:06:04 am »

hey there shipmates; may need your help on this one, I am building the crane to the Yorkshireman I have made moving parts for the crane the only problem is getting all three booms to work. I can make the crane rout around but" having a trouble with the booms working not sure how to make them work with out adding to much to the build.. keep in mind the crane is only for a 1:48 scale tug. would love to make this crane move in every way or as much as I can.. All thoughts on this are welcome.. Thank you ship mates. and here some photos of the crane and where I am on it right now..

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2011, 10:49:33 am »

I did a crane on my Vliestroom and had these sort of problems.  Mine used a push rod up through the main trunk to raise the arm but didn't have the extra bends that you have.

My first reaction on seeing this was to suggest a wire up through on pulleys to the last link arm. When pulled from below this would raise all three bits at once. The problems might be when fully extended, in that they may not fall back down with gravity.

With such a small unit made from plastic there is always the danger of too much force being applied.

I watch with interest as I'm also approaching crane manufacture on my Gry Maritha.  Might strengthen the structure somehow.

best of luck

Ken
Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

crzydoyle11

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2011, 04:13:05 pm »

thank you ---Kenny thank you for your help on this. I keep sending updates on this project hopefully I can make this function like the real one that is my goal..so we will see.

crzydoyle11

« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2011, 09:19:32 pm »

OK on the crane I thank I came up with something that may work. I installed a small Greer that I have taken from a old DVD player and put it inside of the brass tube that I have made on the second arm so the boom will extend out. I also made a brass Greer track for the round Greer to ride on. Also put a round pulley on the outside of the brass arm so when pulled on it rise and extend the boom arm. here are some photo's of it let me know what u think good or bad..
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 22 queries.