Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seaking 60amp  (Read 2370 times)

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
Seaking 60amp
« on: March 27, 2010, 04:10:16 pm »

As anyone used an Hobbywing Seaking brushless speed controller? I am using two of them in a lifeboat but cant set up the reverse function, any ideas?

Thanks

Russ

Peterm

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Seaking 60amp
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 05:25:26 pm »

Are you sure they are not `forward only`?   I have just bought a Graupner 60Amp ESC which I knew was  that format.   Pete
I`m not just old, I`m ancient

knoby

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 05:33:25 pm »

Hi Russ, I got the 35amp version in my mini swordsman & the reverse function was a b****d to set up.

The reverse function isn't proportional, it just goes flat out. I believe this controller was originally designed for cars, hence the braking facility & reverse only needed to get you out of a crash.

My controller was very sensitive to the TX stick position, a problem not helped by me using a ratchet on the throttle stick. Once programmed as per instructions, reverse is operated by pulling the stick back, then going to neutral & then back to full reverse. If you don't hit neutral position exactly, reverse wont work.

i haven't got my instructions to hand, but I recall my problem was caused by me not putting the TX stick back to exactly the same position each time during programming. I use my TX for several different models & didn't want to make my throttle stick sprung. I programmed mine by using the right hand stick, which is sprung loaded, & plugged the esc into the appropriate channel on my TX.

hope this helps Glenn

johno 52-11

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model lifeboats built to perform
    • lifeboat Models
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 05:37:54 pm »

Hi Russ

I've just fitted a couple of fusion Tornado brushless speed controllers to my Atlantic and found that I had to go into the settings and turn on the reverse function before it would accept the set-up of the forward and reverse stick positions..

John

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 06:25:55 pm »

Thanks chaps, sorted now, found out that the reverse doesnt kick in when you pull the stick back, its like a failsafe in case you knock it accidentally, you have to "jab" it twice then it brings the reverse in which is fully proportional..

Thanks

Russ

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 08:17:19 pm »

on some you can program it out ..BUT the torque of a brushless motor and the fact they like big beefey props if you do make shore you have it all well bolted down and a good coupling, I didn't like it at first but with so much power it is helpfull, and you get used to it very quickly

Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.