Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Perkasa + Jet drive........any advice gratefully received!!!  (Read 1332 times)

royalhussar

Perkasa + Jet drive........any advice gratefully received!!!
« on: March 28, 2010, 11:23:58 pm »

Hi all, great site!!!

I'm a bit of a newby to boats, messed around with a few fast electrics 5 or 6 years ago but thats it.
Now i have an idea in my head that i just cant budge; I really like the old Vosper Perkasa, and have already posted a topic in the military section asking for recommendations for a 1/32 ish scale, as they seem the most popular.
Thing is, i really want to put a jet drive / pair of jet drives in it!!!!
Being new to this, i would greatly value any advice in terms of what type, where to get them and how many, in terms of the jet units themselves, and also motor / speedo combos'.
This is a floor up project, its just at the idea stage at the moment so I'll consider ANY suggestions.
Cheers
John

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
Re: Perkasa + Jet drive........any advice gratefully received!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 11:54:15 pm »

good jet drives.

http://www.jet-drive.de/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=2&Itemid=17

also nice kits. prob the best kit of this boat at present.

http://www.nauticalmarinemodels.co.uk/vosper_perkasa_kit.htm

by the way they where prop driven boats with turbine engines the tubes at the back are exhausts.

peter

royalhussar

Re: Perkasa + Jet drive........any advice gratefully received!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 09:57:24 am »

hiya peter

Thanks for the reply, fantastic jets, nice to see a package too, being a bit new to this its nice to have the question of matching motors to jet units solved!!!
Yeah, the model you showed is one i've seen before and it really is a lovely looking model..........may be the ont to go for.
once i can figure out an estimate of weight then i can think about ordering the jet unit, luckily i see that the voltage range of the unit motors is quite large, i run a team game business that uses a fleet of r/c tanks, so i have over 100 7.2 volt packs around, at least i have the option of using a combination of this packs wired together.
cheers
John
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 21 queries.