Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: National Offshore Model Racing Association NOMRA  (Read 11941 times)

scoop

National Offshore Model Racing Association NOMRA
« on: April 01, 2010, 10:10:34 pm »

A new racing association is in the process of being set up ready for the 2010 season

NOMRA will race predominantly on inland lakes with Offshore style powerboats

The inaugural meeting of NOMRA will take place in Northampton (Hardingstone) anyone wishing to join will be made most welcome.

For further details please check out www.nomra.co.uk

Scoop

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
Re: National Offshore Model Racing Association NOMRA
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 10:43:46 am »

From an outsiders view.... With three organisations now competing with powered model boats in the UK how does this help model boating? Something someone didn't like and instead of compromising takes the ball and goes home...... Why not form up under the MPBA banner?

Here in Sweden our offshore guys race the way they want but a number of races through the year are designated as WC qualifiers, these are run on Naviga rules with the oval course. Over the 2 years preceding a VM they collect their points and can then hopefully compete internationally.

Seems to me this is giving the anti-boating brigade a leg-up with a phase 1 operation - divide and conquer.....

omra85

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 12:22:27 pm »

Ian
At this stage, nothing has been set in stone.  It would be unwise to comment until we have had the Inaugural Meeting where ideas will come from the members and be decided then.
Danny

andyn

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 02:41:12 pm »

The two existing forms of racing before NOMRA Ian were for multi & circuit (MPBA) and offshore (OMRA).

I'll be doing my best to attend the meeting Danny :-)

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 08:16:49 pm »

It would be unwise to comment until we have had the Inaugural Meeting where ideas will come from the members and be decided then.
Changed your screen name Danny... Felt the comment was relevant as I have "heard" some of the objections to the Naviga and therefore MPBA form of "offshore" racing and was presenting an alternative that works well in Sweden and keeps our 125 members in the same organisation.

omra85

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 10:07:23 pm »

Scoop has just reminded me to change my profile.
I have been "subtituted" as OMRA webmaster as they wanted to blame me for closing down the site.
I am still, until expelled, an OMRA member, but they do not have my confidence at this time.
Danny

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 10:12:03 pm »

NOMRA will be No1. Yes you can race with MPBA and yes you can race with OMRA
Get a grip. This is the start of a new association. As  Danny and scoop have already posted NEW MEMBERS WILL BE MADE WELCOME. If you want to have your say on how it will be set up and run then it's very simple Attend the AGM next Sunday.
w3bby, You seem to be trying to run NOMRA down before it has even shorted out how it will be run.  WHY???
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

andyn

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 11:16:54 pm »

Don't matter anyway, he's from Sweden and cannot have a say in the running of it.

scoop

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 01:25:02 pm »

From an outsiders view.... With three organisations now competing with powered model boats in the UK how does this help model boating? Something someone didn't like and instead of compromising takes the ball and goes home...... Why not form up under the MPBA banner?

Here in Sweden our offshore guys race the way they want but a number of races through the year are designated as WC qualifiers, these are run on Naviga rules with the oval course. Over the 2 years preceding a VM they collect their points and can then hopefully compete internationally.

Seems to me this is giving the anti-boating brigade a leg-up with a phase 1 operation - divide and conquer.....
Good afternoon w3bby,
As my well respected grandad always taught me, whatever you do there will be people who attack you, they believe in firing the first salvo if they feel threatened in any way ! Whilst taking your comments on board they really are water off a ducks back ! We have our reasons for setting up the new association NOMRA, you have not been at any of the meetings thus far so how can you justify your comments.
So what if there are now 3 associations running offshore style powerboats, people will choose which one they wish to race in, NOMRA will be about having had a fair days racing in safety, you may not win a trophy at the end of the season but members will have had a good time trying.

Kind regards
Scoop
ps If you would like to know what NOMRA is all about you could always read it first hand in the July 2010 issue of Model Boats magazine

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 05:50:03 pm »

Dont know about the name change Danny, how does Linda like being called Mrs Bell Boat Racing ?  {:-{
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

omra85

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 08:38:54 pm »

Hi Richard, I think she is not worried about the name, just about the principles.

Ian, I know your message was probably meant constructively and I know you have been instrumental in the progress of the Swedish Association.
There have been many things going on which are not open knowledge, but are known within OMRA. As this is an open forum, I am not going into details here as I don't want to involve Martin or the moderators in what could end up as a "war of words".
We are trying to be open and honest in NOMRA and will listen to all. We DON'T know what people think, so we are asking them.  We will then act on that information.
Nothing is precluded, which will mean that if some link with the MPBA is proposed, it will be thoughtfully considered.  Who knows, we may yet have a NAVIGA World Champion in our midst.

Best wishes
Danny

andyn

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 09:08:00 pm »

Who knows, we may yet have a NAVIGA World Champion in our midst.

You called? ;)

Nahh the pockets aren't deep enough %)

omra85

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010, 09:25:18 pm »

Drinking "Strongbow" is NOT a NAVIGA event, Andy  {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

Danny

andyn

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2010, 09:51:00 pm »

It's not? B*gger...

bigtee

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2010, 10:06:47 pm »

hi danny

re changing your user name ,  i think the " danny buoy " works very well :} :} :} :} :} :} :}

works well with  " Linda girl "  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

cheers tony  ok2 ok2 ok2

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2010, 01:17:04 am »

Ian, I know your message was probably meant constructively and I know you have been instrumental in the progress of the Swedish Association.
There have been many things going on which are not open knowledge, but are known within OMRA. As this is an open forum, I am not going into details here as I don't want to involve Martin or the moderators in what could end up as a "war of words".
We are trying to be open and honest in NOMRA and will listen to all. We DON'T know what people think, so we are asking them.  We will then act on that information.
Nothing is precluded, which will mean that if some link with the MPBA is proposed, it will be thoughtfully considered.  Who knows, we may yet have a NAVIGA World Champion in our midst.

Best wishes
Danny

Hi Danny

Glad to see someone is actually reading what is written and not what they think is being said. I believe I was being constructive and also believe that one national umbrella organisation is better for all. Good luck with NOMRA and yes I hope that we will see more British competitors at internationals and indeed at a Naviga World Championship.

AndyN, I may live in Sweden but I am English. If NOMRA came under MPBA then foreign based competitors would be able to enter and compete in their races if a registered member of a Naviga recognised organisation. Surely this would/could be a good thing for model boating in general.

scoop

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2010, 12:35:15 am »

Hi Richard, I think she is not worried about the name, just about the principles.

Best wishes
Danny

ONLY ONE WEEK TO GO until NOMRA's inaugural race meeting at TELFORD, check out www.nomra.co.uk for event details, gates open 08.30, racing commences 10.00, see you there. Scoop

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2010, 06:52:41 pm »

I will be there. My boat is still playing around a bit so going to give it a run and see how we get on. IF not the rescue boat may have another crew member for the rest of the day.
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

andyn

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2010, 09:09:31 pm »

That would be me?  ;)

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2010, 05:36:20 pm »

NOT LONG TILL SUNDAY !!! :-)) :-))

scoop

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2010, 11:31:42 pm »

NOT LONG TILL SUNDAY !!! :-)) :-))
Bill I get the drift that you are really looking forward to Sunday, O0, if ya boat packs up mate you can come and show me how to drive mine....properly !  :D
Scoop

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2010, 08:34:25 pm »

Bill I get the drift that you are really looking forward to Sunday, O0, if ya boat packs up mate you can come and show me how to drive mine....properly !  :D
Scoop
Your on Mate. Done loads of workon the rudder and fitted a turbo nutter servo ( well for £55 it ort to be ) I had a test run with the boat last Thursday which at last went well.
Oh well its all down to how it goes on the day now !
See you there.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2010, 11:32:05 pm »

Hey Bill who sells this Turbo Nutter servo %)  :D  ;D

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2010, 04:25:30 pm »

Hey Bill who sells this Turbo Nutter servo %)  :D  ;D
Hi Martin
I got a Hitec HS-5745MG servo with 18kg pull on it. I got it from Hobbystore at Enfield. That bit work fine at the 1st NOMRA race at Telford yesterday. However the engine mount came lose and the flex drive broke. I have a spare which was in my shed at home 132 miles away. Never mind there will be more raceing soon.

scoop

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2010, 06:53:08 pm »

Hi Martin
I got a Hitec HS-5745MG servo with 18kg pull on it. I got it from Hobbystore at Enfield. That bit work fine at the 1st NOMRA race at Telford yesterday. However the engine mount came lose and the flex drive broke. I have a spare which was in my shed at home 132 miles away. Never mind there will be more raceing soon.
That'll be an oooops Re: the shaft then Bill O0, Great day was had by all, somebody said "it is so layed back and chilled here...even the engines don't sound angry"  :}   :-)) to all who turned out to make it a brill days racing so good in fact we have been offered another race at Telford, nice one Giles.

Regards to all
Scoop
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.