Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Member  (Read 1255 times)

Ivanhoe

« on: April 05, 2010, 12:07:56 pm »

Hello to all here, I've just found the forum whilst searching for model boating sites, looks good so far!

I built R/C power boats back in the golden age of modelling (50's - 60's) although my main interest was in model aircraft, then I did no modelling of any sort for about 40 years.
Since retirement I found the interest in aeromodelling returning, together with the idea to start R/C boats again, especially with modern R/C and electric power now available.  The prices of modelling these days came as a bit of a shock, but I suppose that applies to anything you have been out of touch with for such a long period.

The last boat I built was a Fairey Swordsman, built from a kit, the make of which I cannot now remember, it was about 30" long and ply built, it really moved with a Enya .29 glow engine and 2 channel radio, I would love to build it again, if I can ever get hold of the plan,although this time for electric power (I have plenty of open water available here in Ireland, but noise could be a problem, so electric it will have to be!) If anyone knows the kit I'm referring to, and can tell me the maker, I'd be very grateful, at least I'd know what to look for!

Regards to all

Wilf Upton

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 04:11:27 pm »

It was probably an Aerokits model all ply 33" long , you can get the the plans from my hobby store very simmilar to the kit

http://www.myhobbystore.co.uk/product/16692/fairey-marine-mm791

Peter

Ivanhoe

Re: New Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 08:08:45 pm »

It was probably an Aerokits model all ply 33" long , you can get the the plans from my hobby store very simmilar to the kit

http://www.myhobbystore.co.uk/product/16692/fairey-marine-mm791

Peter

Thanks, Peter.  Yes, it could well have been Aerokits.  I'll take a look on My Hobbystore and see if that plan will do, I'd really love to build it again.  If I get the plan I shall no doubt be back on here asking for advice on motors and batteries!

Wilf
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 23 queries.