Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: dumped racing car  (Read 2202 times)

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
dumped racing car
« on: April 04, 2010, 10:01:54 pm »

Can anyone help here please, I went to the local dump (recycling centre) today and as I was unloading my rubbish a woman next to me dumped a coloured box with a picture of a glow powered racing car on the front. I enquired if the box contained a car... IT DID!!
She handed it to me and I opened it to find an almost new nitro car chassis complete but minus engine and body shell. It has all the appearance of having been run once or twice and isn't even dirty. She claimed her son was not interested in it. Clutching my prize, I rushed home to inspect it and sure enough, it is complete and undamaged save for a missing engine, even the battery is charged and the radio is intact and untampered with.
It is a 'Nitrotech Cyclone model and takes a 15 glow motor. Anyone out there got a motor and clutch assy complete for it?
It doesn't take much to make me happy, one good freebie from the dump  and I'm as happy as Larry. :-))

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
Re: dumped racing car
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 04:39:26 pm »

Wiith your luck on a roll, why not just go back to the dump and wait for an engine, clutch, radio, batteries and fuel.....

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 05:28:20 pm »

spares can be found here

http://www.nitrotek.co.uk/

My boy has an Electric one of their cars and its pretty good
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

andyn

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 06:19:20 pm »

My favorite car shop is http://www.modelsport.co.uk/

Parts are cheaper on their ebay shop I believe.

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 08:12:56 pm »

Bet you anything you like the engine and silencer were in one of the other boxes that went in the crusher that day. Been on the Nitrotech site and found all the parts I need on there. It's always worth asking around first though, you never know who's got one kicking around.
As I have gone through life, I learned one important lesson and that is to tell everyone you have just bought something, then they say "Aw, you should have said, I've got one tucked away you could have had , I never use it anymore" Then you say "I was kidding, lets have it then"! Oooh how I would love to be able to say that, it would feel so good.
Anyhow joking aside, I will make a few enquiries and if necessary, buy a new engine for it eventually. As I have 27Mhz transmitters kicking around it would be up and running in no time . It would be great for a lunch break scream around.
Thanks for the info chaps

Dreadstar

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 05:25:35 pm »

If you're looking for a .15 engine,don't get a nitrotech one,the quality of them isn't very good. Are you going to be using the car for bashing,or racing,if the latter,then you need to look out for a competition .12 engine,as the BRCA rules won't let you race with a .15 engine.
   Can you post up a picture of the chassis for me,as I have quite a few .15 engines kicking about,(mostly Kyosho ones).

Forget that,as the Kyosho engines mount of the other side of the chassis.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.