Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New member from Vancouver, Canada  (Read 1174 times)

heyok

New member from Vancouver, Canada
« on: April 10, 2010, 04:11:26 pm »

Hi everyone!

My name is Al.  I found your forum while looking for information on Seaport Work-boats because a friend gave me a stock one in trade for some custom RC electronics I had built up for him.

My plan for this tug was to make it into a recovery boat for those times when one of my speed boat experiments ends badly.  It seems that I need more practice with that sort of thing - either I need to learn to not flip the boat upside down so far from shore, or be much better at pushing the boat back in with the tug.  Luckily I was able to borrow some chest waders that time!

My experience with RC has mostly been with cars, but I am learning to fly with my Slow Stick and am building a 3d foamy.  I have a fun little jet boat and a small speed boat.  I am a moderator on a forum called Crawl Canada where we are focused on RC rock crawlers and scale trucks.

Looking forward to reading about all the great builds on this forum!

Cheers,
Al

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: New member from Vancouver, Canada
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 02:53:37 am »

Welcome to the forum, Al. There's lots of information and very helpful people here, all you have to do is ask.

I built a tug a couple of years ago to do the same job you mentioned, recover failed boats, and it works a treat. It's had plenty of work at our local lake. Photos below.

Peter.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: New member from Vancouver, Canada
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 03:43:01 pm »

Welcome aboard Al.

I was in Vancouver in 1984, some lovely sailing clubs. A great place for boats. I loved the walks around the coast and some lovely drives north up the B.C. coast.
I envy you.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.