Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: U-47 Sub Maiden Sail (for me anyways...)  (Read 2361 times)

getemuphigh

U-47 Sub Maiden Sail (for me anyways...)
« on: April 11, 2010, 08:29:00 pm »

So I went to Batley pond today with her and the 1st sail of approx 30mins was great, had loads of help when I got there, sorry if I may not of talked so much as I was a bit nervous and had lots of things to get used to, there was another person who was there just before I got there with the same model sub and a very similar setup, another member of Kirklees Club i think, sorry I did'nt get your name but many thanks for the advice, hope to see you there again & maybe I will get there earlier.... and both subs could sail together...would look good.
The second sail started ok then after about 10mins and a few static dives with the tank I noticed it did not surface fully so I brought her in and found the tanks motor that operates the piston was hot and the piston was not operating, so I called it a day.
When I got home I found the gear that the motor drives had siezed on its bush / shaft and looking in the Engel instructions it explains that this requires lubricating, pays to read em first!! Anyway took it apart & lubed it and all operates ok, also gave the sub a good clean as I was happy again :-)

PS Anyone got any spare sets of Hitec 40mhz FM crystals and I only have one pair in the sub, will put an advert in the want also, thanks.

Anyway some pics from the sail...

Davy1

Re: U-47 Sub Maiden Sail (for me anyways...)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 10:28:15 am »

Great stuff!
She looks really good.

getemuphigh

Re: U-47 Sub Maiden Sail (for me anyways...)
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 09:12:18 pm »

Great stuff!
She looks really good.

Cheers, many thanks.
Got to admit subs are really something else, greatly involving and fun.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.