Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kirklees mbc membership officially started today... yay...  (Read 2007 times)

lifejacket

Kirklees mbc membership officially started today... yay...
« on: July 24, 2011, 07:53:00 pm »

Well, I got there about 11 and the lake side was pretty busy... plenty of yachts on the water and some great scale craft buzzing around too... the weather was fantastic as was the atmosphere... I sidled up to the peg-board to enquire as to whom I could present my membership form and fee to...I was pointed in the direction of Margaret who quickly got me sorted with my badge and members card... many thanks Margaret!  :-))

My first duty however was to attempt a rescue of a Voyager yacht stuck on the island... (I was a little nervous as the only suitable "rescue" boat I had with me was not the usual type of craft at the club, it is a restored Proboat Shockwave 26 open cabin of @ 2000 vintage who's modern equivalent could be called a "fast-electric" ...) There was another delightful leccy boat doing its best to rescue the Voyager but the Voyager IS a big boat!! So with a little teamwork between the two "rescue" boats and Mother Nature we eventually got the Voyager free and beating a hasty retreat from the island.. :}

So, out with my Northwind 28 and in to the fray... I made my way to the bottom end of the lake where most of the yachts were toying with the capricious breeze to see what I could do..! I managed to catch a good gust and I was away..!!! I eventually went home 2 1/2 hours later!!! {-)

Thanks to Dale and his Victoria and the owner/captain of the previously stranded Voyager for their company... Hoping to see you all again asap... cheers guys...

hover tim

Re: Kirklees mbc membership officially started today... yay...
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 05:06:13 pm »

Welcome to KMBC i am sure you find it very enjoyable i know i do i may be down hovering this sun but will prob be next sun
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 20 queries.