Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Club in the Midlands  (Read 4046 times)

F1 madness

New Club in the Midlands
« on: November 10, 2010, 03:17:40 pm »

A new club at chasewater reservoir has been going a couple of months now and has just become affiliated with MPBA.
The club is called Chasewater model boat club.
Heres a link to the website which is updated regulary
http://chasewatermbc.blogspot.com/
Just thought id share
Rgds F1

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
Re: New Club in the Midlands
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 03:29:40 pm »

Good to hear of a new club in the Midlands. Nice spot there too and not too far away from me. (Near Stone/Stafford). Any events going on next year? Get them down on the calendar for everyone to see, keep us posted, Dave.  :-))

gregk9

• Full Mayhemer
    • Chasewater Model Boat Club
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 01:11:09 am »

We [as a club] are in the process of setting up some racing events, but have to ensure that the wildlife is not going to get caugth up in the middle of things so to speak. We also have to take in to consideration thats permission will have to be obtained first from the Council who own and run the site.

but all things crossed, we do hope to do so and will keep this site posted with further news as it happens. But yes, by all means keep an eye on our own blogsite for updates as i try to keep the site updated at least 3 times each week and definately after every sailing day with loads of pictures of all the boats on site on that day.

best wishes.

Steve.

Chasewater MBC Secretary.
Best wishes.

Steve. G.
Treasurer & Membership Secretary:  Chasewater Model Boat Club

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 04:13:49 pm »

I'll be keeping a look out for what's going on. We at Potteries MBC have similar situation to yourselves as our main sailing venue, Westport Lake is also a conservation area. We are only allowed to use electric or steam powered boats, no i.c. at all. Keep us informed, cheers, Dave.  :-))

F1 madness

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 03:12:27 pm »

Had a good turn out on saturday,managed to run my new cat and all can say their all a great bunch of guys down there  and had a laugh  :} :-)) :-))

Paul R

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 10:57:53 pm »

Hi.. I thought chasewater mbc had been going for some time now as a model boat club, so whats new?  Has the venue changed or does the club actually use the reservoir to sail on now instead of that small duck pond with tracey island in the middle?

Paul R

gregk9

• Full Mayhemer
    • Chasewater Model Boat Club
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 11:22:23 pm »

Chasewater model Boat Club was only officially formed in August of 2010.  the main lake of the site was drained of water over 12 months ago, so the Council could repair the main dam wall and also carry out some other necessary repairs. So not even the full size boats have anywhere to put in to water.

So, the model boat club use the boating pool, by the innovation centre, its quite suitable and shallow enough to allow rescue with just a pair of waders. it serves it purpose sufficiently.

The "tracey island" as you call it, is there specifically for the wild birds that decide to nest there and keep them away from predators. The area is a nature reserve and it has to be respected as such.

If you're interested in joining, get in touch.
Best wishes.

Steve. G.
Treasurer & Membership Secretary:  Chasewater Model Boat Club

baloo

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 07:36:07 pm »

Why dont you soon have an open day,everybody invited, also ask traders if they could/would attend.You never know somebody famous might turn up! or if you do have an open day invite the local council always keep them involved
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 23 queries.