Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tug drawings - art type, not GA!  (Read 3746 times)

ddraigmor

Tug drawings - art type, not GA!
« on: April 13, 2010, 04:37:28 pm »

I draw....well, I have been doing so for ages but of late I have been tidying up and getting more done on ships I sailed on or ships I know - suvh as those that used to run in and out of my home port of Holyhead.

Most are shown in the 'Art Gallery' at www.shipsnostalgia.com where I am a member. I am also an ex seaman, a tuggie, and so tugs have always been my thing. Tugs and tug types such as OSV's etc. I don't exhibit them and just draw them for the sheer sense of satisfaction I get from it.

Here are three of the tugs I sailed on - two ex Smits and one ex PLA.

The tug 'Afon Wen' towing the IOMSPCo's 'King Orry' to her final resting place on the Medway. The 'Afon Wen' was the ex 'Tasman Zee' of Smits.

The tug 'Afon Goch' taking station on a bulk carrier arriving at Holyhead. The 'Afon Goch' was the ex 'Schelde' of Smits - a ship I had the pleasure of serving on for two years and did a lot of deep sea and salvage work abaord.

Holyhead Towing's venerable 'Afon Las', which started life as the PLA's 'Plateau'. Never designed flor sea going work, she spent her time with HTC voyaging around the UK, up the Baltic and on the European coast. I had some pretty good times on this old lady!

I hope they are in the right section - mods can move if not - but think that they do serve to show we have other hobbies apart from having purple apoplexies building and running model boats!

Ddraigmor

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 19 queries.