Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mailing of requested information.  (Read 1978 times)

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
Mailing of requested information.
« on: April 19, 2010, 11:58:58 am »

Please don't think of this as "odd", but early last week I despatched half a dozen CDs containing requested info to various parts of the country. I really would like to know if they have been received or not. I mention this on the open forum as it's happened before and I've been left in "limbo" and I'm now beginning to wonder if the time and incurred costs are worth it. I enjoy helping people out who are "stuck", but some sort of response would be appreciated. BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Mailing of requested information.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 12:55:47 pm »

Good point Bryan.

If someone goes out of their way to do you a favour, an acknowledgement and a bit of thanks would be the least to expect.

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

sentry

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 11:38:41 pm »

I second that Bryan And Martin Would think it very rude if they did,nt after all the help  that people have given. I for one am always grateful for the help the members of this forum have give me.
                                    regards Sentry.

PMK

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 10:30:11 pm »

Just out of interest, why do some members still persist in telling lies? Is it to make themselves look big? Or to somehow 'impress'?
I really do not have enough fingers and toes to count the number of times that I've been shatted on by loads of members from here. They usually come across as nice as ninepence when they want something, so you go out of your way to help out, and then, once they've taken what they wanted, you never hear from them again - not even as much as a simple "thank you".
To this end, I'm gonna start revealing the names on my own webpages of all those forum members who still owe. And the same deal for all those who make promises, take my money, yet never come up with the goods. Lying is the lowest of the low in my book, and so, to all you hot-shots out there who think that you're smart and clever, let's see how big you really are when you see your names splattered all over the place.

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 08:00:15 am »

There could also of course be the posibility that these people have not yet recieved anything.  Have you actually asked them Bryan?

Whereas I accept that there will always be those out there who do not show thier appreciation there are also those who may still be waiting for something to arrive.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 12:33:58 pm »

Richard, see my e-mail sent afew minutes ago. But to answer you question, when I mail something off I always send an e-mail stating the date and time of the mailing, with a request that a) they e-mail me on receipt or b) after a few days, e-mail me saying not received. That should cover it. I think that in future I'll ask for a stamped self-addressed return envelope ( especially from those I don't already have "dealings" with. Bryan.
Notes from a simple seaman

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 12:36:45 pm »

Good idea Bryan and to be honest I don't think a stamped addressed envelope is too much to ask and it might sort out the serious questions from the wishful thinkers.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 08:43:31 pm »

"Presumptuous" seems to be a popular pastime. Last week we had three messages left after  the answerphone announcement which clearly stated that the business was closed for the week. One bloke even asked us to ring him back on a mobile number. Along with the other two, his message was deleted with no regret. I can encounter rudeness like that pretty much anytime and anywhere, but I don't need it in my business.

NOW the phone has just rung (8.35pm) and a voice said "Is that ACTion?"................. 8.35PM??!!  I'm bl**dy glad it was Liz that picked it up and not me!

I'm with PMK on this one. Take us for granted if you please, but watch out afterwards.

FLJ
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 22 queries.