Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prop for deep v??  (Read 17870 times)

Lt. Raen

Re: Prop for deep v??
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2010, 12:32:29 pm »

Well i had to go outside anyway so i had a quick look and if im looking at the right thing it appears to be about 9mm in diameter

Tim

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2010, 04:20:51 pm »

Try one from a chainsaw some of those seem to be a bit larger,failing that try the 644 just not sure how well it will work lol.

Lt. Raen

It floats!!!
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2010, 09:24:58 am »

Finished adding the resin to the hull and took it to a local creek for some "sea trials" lol
Well all went well and I'm glad to say she floats  {-)
With the motor in and some rocks to simulate radio gear and fuel it seems to be sitting quite nicely in the water,
my mate thought it was possibly a little low at the bow but i think it was sitting nicely considering the lack of rise in the hull. (unfortunately no pics of the water trials)

Been searching around for carbs second hand at local mower shops so far no luck but its not urgent so I'm not worried.

Been looking at the exhaust of late and am going to make up a pipe out of aluminium,
will be using an oxy torch to weld as its the only form of welding i am any good at at all lol

Radio an servos turned up in the last two days (Futaba 6ex, r617FS rx and 2 S3003's still need a high torque but that will come lol)

Anyway on to the pics

Still not 100% happy with the Hull could be smoother but i think it will stay as is for now whilst i work on the deck
only a fuel tank and batteries for rx to go and i will have everything i need to test her out

I still need a colour scheme and name so any suggestions are welcome

Cheers, Tim

Lt. Raen

Servo cables
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2010, 10:57:03 am »

One more thing,
looking at the Rx and the servos im a bit confused as to which way to plug the servos in
im assuming that as there are three wires (+ve -ve and signal )
the red is in the middle but do i install the servo so the black wire is closest to the outer edge of the servo case or to the centre of the servo??
This in turn willl tell me how to plug the battery/switch harness in i suppose

heers, tim

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2010, 12:13:45 pm »

Usually, -ve goes to the edge of the receiver and signal towards the centre of the reciever.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2010, 01:45:34 pm »

Shes coming along niceley mate keep up the good work,as regards pipe if you want you can just keep the can on you wont gain anything from a  pipe with these motors unless you plan on modding it slightly.Some people block the exit hole on the can and drill a larger one or install another exit pipe if you understand me it gives you a slight gain in power.If you really want a tuned pipe you can make a flange to fit the engine and tap it for the header pipes we use on the zens thats how i did it.If you do it you wanna buy either a 90% header with water cooled flange or a 105% header with flange that one will bring pipe out over the centre of the transom.You will then need to water cool the header flange and pipe  either by using a rudder with a water pickup or hang a pickup on the transom,you can make them using brass tube cut at an angle.I used a welded up wrap to centre pipe but i had to cut it and extend the bend to make it fit,i used an old piece of header to sleeve it and extend and silver soldered it together,if i did it again id use a seperate header and pipe but its all i had at the time.
Mart

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Servo cables
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2010, 02:22:39 pm »

One more thing,
looking at the Rx and the servos im a bit confused as to which way to plug the servos in

Futaba plugs have a small tab that sticks out, the receiver has indents, they will only go together one way. http://www.fatlion.com/sailplanes/servos.html

Lt. Raen

« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2010, 08:31:59 am »

Thanks for the comments guys.

@DickyD & W3bby had another look and there is a notch which puts the -ve on the outside (although it can go both ways without any hassle lol)

@martno1fan The pipe will be a wrok in progress as i want to finish the boat and have it runing with the stock exhaust on before i really start to think about making a pipe which would prob include an expansion chamber

hopefully i can install all the electrics 2moro and find some foam to ho under the deck which i made a start on today

Tim

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2010, 01:42:34 pm »

Poole noodles mate  :-))

Lt. Raen

« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2010, 02:08:30 pm »

Haha
yeah I have been keeping an eye out for pool noodles, not too many about at the moment
winter and all that, been pretty cold here (to me anyway  ;D )
I know some people with pools so I might see if they have any old ones that are no longer being used
won't matter if they are a bit tatty anyway

Tim

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2010, 08:39:35 am »

Is it wet yet ok2

Lt. Raen

« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2010, 09:53:06 am »

HAHA
Not yet there hasn't been any progress of late because of uni exams.  >>:-(
But i finished my last exam today so i will be getting back into the swing of things tomorrow

Tim

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2010, 03:30:11 pm »

Ok mate good luck with it and your exams   :-))

Lt. Raen

« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2010, 08:44:00 am »

OK just an update for anyone who is interested, i have been working on the RC side of things this week and have just today started to install the steering servo. the arm i have from the servo horn is a touch too short so i will have to make some modifications to the arm to make it longer (by about 1 or 2 cm)
Still trying to work out a way to affix the throttle servo.

One thing i have noticed is that when i have had the RC gear all wired up and turned on, the throttle servo (on channel 3) will suddenly shift to dead reverse after a couple of minutes of no user input on channel three. I dont know why this is happening any suggestions greatly appreciated.

(photos soon i promise  :})
Tim
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.