Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Motors for Tyne Class Lifeboat  (Read 3063 times)

DaveB

Motors for Tyne Class Lifeboat
« on: April 02, 2010, 07:19:00 am »

Hello Everyone
I've just bought from a mate the Model By Designs Tyne Lifeboat mouldings as yet unstarted and i'm pondering over motor choice, i've got a couple of torpedo 850 or should i go the brushless route, there's no hurry as i'm still plodding along with the Trent build, i'll be grateful for ideas
Thanks Dave

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
Re: Motors for Tyne Class Lifeboat
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 09:45:20 am »

Check out the MMB 900 motors:  http://www.marksmodelbits.com

Mark is a member of this forum and can sort out his couplings and motor mount as well.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

triumphjon

Re: Motors for Tyne Class Lifeboat
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 07:30:40 pm »

take it thats a 1/12 tyne lifeboat ?  i biult two of them a few years ago , one of which was fully waterproof  and radio controlled , i used twin motors supplied by model motors direct ( glastonbury somerset )  control via 2 esc s  running four bladed contra rotating props which im sure were from rabosch  !  as this model  was made to operate in salt water everything was either brass or marine grade stainless steel  . unfortunatly it was sold on to another club member in the bristol area ,  ( model was  47- 018  , max aitken III  , full size vessel was stationed at bembridge  isle of wight )   i can also give you the correct paint  colours to use automotive sprays if you need them  ?   
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 22 queries.