Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Different Nigerian Spam Scam  (Read 4342 times)

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
Different Nigerian Spam Scam
« on: April 29, 2010, 09:25:08 am »

Interesting variation on the usual kind offers of several million dollars from people I have never heard of in Nigeria. Today's installment advised me that a person is attempting to claim my inheritance by stating that I am dead.
It continues, in capitals,  "PLEASE CONFIRM IF YOU ARE ALIVE OR DEAD NOW".

I have checked and I am most certainly alive - well most of me - but do you think that if I tell them I am dead that I will be crossed off their circulation list?  :-)

Barry M

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Different Nigerian Spam Scam
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 10:41:13 am »

Barry, I think that would be a grave mistake.... %)

wbeedie

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 09:48:33 pm »

Dear Friend,

I waited for you to get in contact with me for your ATM CARD Loaded with the sum of $650,000; 00. Which you can withdraw the money at any ATM machine worldwide; Hence I deposited it with, allied custodian diplomatic services Ghana.

Note that I have already paid for the delivery charges and insurance clearance but they did not allow me to pay for the security keeping fee because they don't know when you will be contacting them, the security keeping fee is $115.

All you need to do is to contact them at below information so that they will dispatch your package to your address without delay. Contact the dispatch officer: Mr. Mark Allen with your following information’s: First name: Last Name: Telephone Number Delivery address. Please indicate this code {TTB} at your email subject so that they will know you as rightfully owner, below is the contact details of the company contact them immediately..

Name: Mr. Mark Allen
E-mail: allied_ghana@collector.org
ALLIED CUSTODIAN DIPLOMATIC SERVICES.

Thanks
Godwills

got this one today dont think I will answer  {-)

tassie48

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 09:34:13 am »

love to send these spam clowns a real virus one day to crash their computers either that or a lead slug behind the left ear no time for these clowns at all tassie48

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 10:39:03 am »

You should not respond. This will serve to identify that yours is an active email account.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 12:08:41 pm »

Oh dear - it was said tongue in cheek.

Barry M

bigfella

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 11:33:36 pm »

You would think that these scammers would use spellcheck at least. Some of the spelling and grammer is woefull especially when some of them are pretending to be Doctors and Barristers etc. They must work on the principle of gullibility and shear numbers but you would think that those numbers would increase if they put a bit of effort into presentation into their emails (not encouraging them) like a company logo instead of just text. But it is always Name...... Age....... Address........ ETC,

Regards David

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 09:19:56 am »

That's true and some of them even mis-spell 'sheer' as 'shear' or start sentences with conjunctions!  %)

Where are the standards we knew?

Barry M

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 10:26:40 am »

Oi! don't tell 'em how to do it better. :o

BTW in American English, it is ok to start a sentence with a conjunction. %)
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

bigfella

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 09:54:22 pm »

That's true and some of them even mis-spell 'sheer' as 'shear' or start sentences with conjunctions!  %)

Where are the standards we knew?

Barry M
OOPS Spelling police :police: :police: <*< <*<

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 10:13:57 pm »

'grammer' too I'm afraid....

meechingman

• Full Mayhemer
  • Tugs Rule, OK!
    • Andrew Gilbert
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 11:27:50 pm »

You would think that these scammers would use spellcheck at least. Some of the spelling and grammer is woefull
Oops!  :D
Admiral of the Haven Towage Fleet.

bigfella

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 03:56:52 am »

You have got to love those who can not help themselves. They must be perfect and odour free. There are always one or two in a crowd.

hopeitfloats

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 07:09:28 am »

i'm sure it wasnt meant in a nasty way.  if so i'm in trouble to for not starting sentences with a capital letter  :-)

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2010, 09:15:41 am »

If you criticise something by committing the same offence then you do leave yourself open to a bit of good natured ribbing - but we've all been there, done that and got the T shirt.

Colin

Brian_C

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2010, 11:57:34 am »

another bloody scam,,, this came throug my letterbox on sat ,,, from portugal,,, its just a poor madeup copy,, who in there right minds could fall for this ???

The Antipodean

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2010, 02:48:57 pm »

From the documentary I watched last night, about $500,000,000 worth of American money goes on these each year and they cath maybe one or two of people who are only minor parts of these scams.
The story they followed last night was about one woman who was already $200,000 in the hole and couldn't stop digging.
It amazes me that people still fall for these things. Surely you would know if you had bought a ticket, let alone won a lottery in Malta or had rich relatives in Lagos.
Greed will trap the fools.

bikemec

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2010, 03:35:19 pm »

Please guys just read and laugh at these scams but don't reply...

Sending a virus is tempting but most use an internet cafe so you would not actually do them any damage they'd just move to another.

I did a bit of baiting a few years ago where from anonymous mail boxes I would reply and try and keep them occupied for a few while my longest was over a few months.

One of the things baiters do is praise poor grammer telling the scammer that  "good intendings" or similar is regularly used in legal circles so their emails would look worse to others, ah and we had some fun with them as well

if you have some time try reading some of the stuff on

www.419eater.com

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Nigerian Spam Scam
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2014, 10:49:32 pm »

Didn't know this was still going on... might ring them up!

Good day,

I am Barrister Peter Kelvin,  a legal practitioner with a law firm in Leeds,  United kingdom,  I saw your contact and profile and decided that you could cooperate with me in this proposition.

I have a client who was deceased in November 2004, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.  I am contacting you because you have the same surname as my deceased client and i felt that you could help me in the distribution of the assets that were left by the deceased client. This fund is close to being declared un-serviceable by the finance institution as there were no indicated family beneficiary to the fund in the account, having remained dormant for long.

The finance institution had issued me, a notification to contact a family beneficiary to my deceased client,  to make beneficiary claim to the fund in the account, which has month surcharge of 6% to be deducted as an Escrow safe keeping fee of the account, so as to avoid the indefinite closure of the account. My proposition to you is to seek your consent, and to present your kind self as a family and beneficiary of my deceased client, since you have the same last name with him. This means that the proceeds of his account would be paid to you as his legitimate family beneficiary. When the proceeds in his account are paid to you, we would share the proceeds on a mutually agreed-upon ratio.

The most important thing I would need is your honesty, utmost confidentiality and cooperation in this proposition. This would be done under a legitimate arrangement that would protect you from any breach of the law.

Please If this business proposition offends your Value, feel free to decline this proposal. And do not hesitate to contact me at once if you're interested by replying the mail.

Yours Faithfully,
Peter Kelvin (Esq).
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2014, 01:29:02 pm »

"The finance institution had issued me, a notification to contact a family beneficiary to my deceased client,  to make beneficiary claim to the fund in the account, which has month surcharge of 6% to be deducted as an Escrow safe keeping fee of the account, so as to avoid the indefinite closure of the account."

Well that sounds like a lawyer; I didn't understand most of it. Can you get the Leeds address?

Barry M
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 22 queries.