Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soling 1meter build thread  (Read 3406 times)

hazegry

Soling 1meter build thread
« on: April 30, 2010, 08:03:05 pm »

The boat is here pics to follow right now I have to finish the honey do list before she starts giving me that look  <*< yeah that one lol.

hazegry

Re: Soling 1meter build thread
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 07:55:02 pm »

well the boat may be a bit delayed I was all ready to order the fittings kit from these guys http://www.modelyachtfittings.com/ but the kit for the soling is 313 bucks I want to use a nice kit so the boat looks nice. I dont have much space in the house so its going to be on display in the house. I also sail with a scale model boat club and plan on taking it to shows so it needs to look nice. I also need to get some pics of the jig they talk about using when building the boat. I want to do this right and I am not going to start untill I have all the parts and supplies

hazegry

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 06:30:23 am »

I dont know if anyone is following this or not but I ordered the servo a hitec HS 815BB. looks like the build might start sooner than later now.

hazegry

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 02:34:18 am »

ok got the build jig figured out so I just need to build that thats going to be this weekend. I have decided to make my own fittings as I am having a bit of a money crunch and that money could easily buy another boat kit. I will start taking pics tomorrow. if anyone has any recommendations for rigging the boat I am all ears I have never built a sail boat before.

hazegry

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 07:34:22 pm »

hi guys sorry its taking so long to get this going. I transferred to a new command so I have been busy. I got the wood for the build jig and just realized I got 3/4 inch instead of 1/2 inch thick wood does anyone think this will cause problems?

hazegry

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 06:54:15 pm »

due to other circumstances the boat is up for sale

Boomer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 03:42:31 am »

hungry
Sorry to learn of your decision to sell your boat or the kit. Not quite sure what all you have there. I was very interested in following your build as I have considered building one of these myself. I am here in the US but on the other coast. Can you take a couple of pictures of what all you have on hand, and how much you are looking to sell it for?

There are a number of folks making kits for the Soling 1M. One of those is Victor Model Products who is located here in So. California. They sell a nice kit for $135 USD and for those not having the time, but having the money, they offer a completed version for $605.00. I am just beginning my reseach on these boats, so I still have a lot to learn about these boats. I welcome the information from other forum members having knowledge of these Yachts.

Heck, your boat might be the right place for me to start. Let me know what you have. Where are you heading? Good luck!!
Winchaser

Boomer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 03:46:38 am »

hazegry
Sorry about your name. The spell checker picked it up and converted it to "hungry"...................DER!
Windchaser
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.