Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: WILLEN OFFSHORE RACE 16th May 2010 ( NOMRA )  (Read 11550 times)

scoop

WILLEN OFFSHORE RACE 16th May 2010 ( NOMRA )
« on: May 01, 2010, 08:25:58 am »

The booking office is now open for entries to the NOMRA race at Willen Lake on 16th May O0.
Go to www.nomra.co.uk for details of how to enter  :-))
Scoop

andyn

Re: WILLEN OFFSHORE RACE 16th May 2010 ( NOMRA )
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 12:16:40 pm »

Count me in :-))

ids987

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 10:46:23 am »

Count me in :-))

Two weeks to make it legal.......

andyn

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 11:02:54 am »

When the weather clears up a bit I'll go out and make the hatch, got everything marked up.

ids987

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 11:20:31 am »

When the weather clears up a bit I'll go out and make the hatch, got everything marked up.

What's the plan for the exhaust
Andy ?

andyn

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 02:09:55 pm »

11.4 ... any exhaust protruding in excess of 2 ½ inches will require shielding.

I'm gonna stick a bit of ply over it {-)

triumphjon

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 05:32:01 pm »

missing your recovery handle  & number plate too ! 

andyn

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 06:58:17 pm »

No I'm not...

scoop

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 08:48:52 pm »

No I'm not...
Yer can get that No.3 off for a start....that's my race number and I will be scrutineering  your boat on race day young Andy O0 >>:-( ;) %) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)
See you there mate, by the way you have not booked in yet !

Scoop

andyn

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 08:59:12 pm »

Yer can get that No.3 off for a start....that's my race number and I will be scrutineering  :police:your boat on race day young Andy O0 >>:-( ;) %) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)
See you there mate, by the way you have not booked in yet !

Scoop

I will book in soon, got twelve days to do so not in any particular rush. I'm also in no particular rush to get it ready, engines running quite nicely and other than needing a change of prop which will happen next Sunday there's nout else to do really, the trim tabs that came with the hull were previously set by the man Syd McGoun himself. So long as I don't break anything all shall be good. Makes a change from the nightmare that was my Cobra 40. Any chance next year I can have a different number, say one with only one character?

The stickers are there to annoy as many as possible, the 3 has obviously worked already (I didn't even put that one on), plus the I Fly With Heliguy, Team Losi and Rc Jet International have already annoyed someone over at RCGroups...

scoop

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 06:18:50 pm »

I will book in soon, got twelve days to do so not in any particular rush. I'm also in no particular rush to get it ready, engines running quite nicely and other than needing a change of prop which will happen next Sunday there's nout else to do really, the trim tabs that came with the hull were previously set by the man Syd McGoun himself. So long as I don't break anything all shall be good. Makes a change from the nightmare that was my Cobra 40. Any chance next year I can have a different number, say one with only one character?

The stickers are there to annoy as many as possible, the 3 has obviously worked already (I didn't even put that one on), plus the I Fly With Heliguy, Team Losi and Rc Jet International have already annoyed someone over at RCGroups...
Hi Andy,

I've just received an updated membership list for NOMRA, you don't appear to be on it, if you want a number with just one character you need to join pretty quick mate, Numbers 6, 7, 8, and 9 are still available, your old number 204 is still available as well  :-)).

Regards
Scoop

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 06:31:10 pm »

Mines in the post tomorrow  Stuart  :-)) is  58 available ? if not 56 or 57 ,if so how can i  make sure i get one of them ?.I think i have room for any though  :D.
Mart

scoop

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 07:53:04 pm »

Mines in the post tomorrow  Stuart  :-)) is  58 available ? if not 56 or 57 ,if so how can i  make sure i get one of them ?. I think i have room for any though  :D.
Mart
Excellent news Martin, all those numbers are available, if you contact Robin Butler (go to contacts page on www.nomra.co.uk ) our membership secretary he will reserve your chosen number for you whilst your membership fee is in the post. Like the new hull  O0 ;)
are you leaving it as the Apache or calling it N****O ?

Regards
Scoop

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 08:10:29 pm »

Well done Martin.
Alas I can't make Willen (off doing sound engineer duty's)  If you are thinking of going then don't delay YOU WILL HAVE A GOOD DAYS RACING. give it a go.
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

andyn

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 08:19:09 pm »

Your number will be 3963479852376543 Martin, at 2" high each you should fit them on there. Would love to see the lap counters calling that out every lap %)

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 09:29:08 pm »

Excellent news Martin, all those numbers are available, if you contact Robin Butler (go to contacts page on www.nomra.co.uk ) our membership secretary he will reserve your chosen number for you whilst your membership fee is in the post. Like the new hull  O0 ;)
are you leaving it as the Apache or calling it N****O ?

Regards
Scoop
Hi mate cheers ill do that,the one in the pics with the single rib on the deck is the Navaho the ones with 3 will be the Apache 58  ;).
Mart

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 09:33:07 pm »

Well done Martin.
Alas I can't make Willen (off doing sound engineer duty's)  If you are thinking of going then don't delay YOU WILL HAVE A GOOD DAYS RACING. give it a go.

No racing for me Bill too much traveling for me ,maybe if we get some nearer i might be tempted but there will be one of these racing soon,new owners picking his up tomorrow i think.Andy its big but it ain't that big  :o.
Mart

andyn

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2010, 10:05:17 pm »

Well if Bill isn't going I guess the Warrior will be staying in one piece for another week then %)

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 11:34:22 pm »

Number 58 it is then ,cheers Stuart.
Mart

scoop

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2010, 08:12:16 pm »

Your number will be 3963479852376543 Martin, at 2" high each you should fit them on there. Would love to see the lap counters calling that out every lap %)
I know we've got a lot of members already Andy but that number is pushing it a bit.....even for our experienced lap counters {-) {-) {-)
Scoop

scoop

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2010, 08:16:10 pm »

Well done Martin.
Willen won't be the same without you Bill  ;) and you normally do very well there :-)) Are you going to Kingsbury at the end of the month ?
Scoop

andyn

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2010, 08:24:37 pm »

It's Wiki park at the end of the month...

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2010, 08:59:05 pm »

Willen won't be the same without you Bill  ;) and you normally do very well there :-)) Are you going to Kingsbury at the end of the month ?
Scoop
Hi Scoop
No sorry mate I will be slaving over a hot sound mixer desk all weekend.  I know where i would like to be. Anyway it leave it open for you to get your 1st win of the year if i'm not there so make the best of it.
The Kingsbury meet, I will be flying the flag for  BMPRS.    British Model Powerboat Racing Society. at Wicksteed park. Can you get the flyers shorted by then??
So don't worry about me this weekend as i just love working with numptys all weekend who all think they are super stars.  As you can tell i am NOT looking forward to the weekend at all.
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2010, 08:11:14 am »

Good job i havent got my decals made up yet with Nomra on now its changed to BMPRS lol.Mark Wild picked up his hull today so you guys should see one at Willen as hes hoping to have it ready to race,if not you will see it anyway no doubt.Hope you guys get lots of pics of the racing and maybe some video ,be good to see when i come back off my hols Volcano premitting  %).
Mart
ps Bill nice hat  :}

scoop

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2010, 10:16:35 pm »

Good job i havent got my decals made up yet with Nomra on now its changed to BMPRS lol.Mark Wild picked up his hull today so you guys should see one at Willen as hes hoping to have it ready to race,if not you will see it anyway no doubt.Hope you guys get lots of pics of the racing and maybe some video ,be good to see when i come back off my hols Volcano premitting  %).
Mart
ps Bill nice hat  :}
As Martin says NOMRA has changed it's name, sounded too much like another organisation  {-) {-) {-). Several names were voted on by the whole of the membership (at that particular time, as the membership is increasing every day) and BMPRS was chosen, British Model Powerboat Racing Society.
We have just had our second event at Willen, many thanks to all the Willen crew (and our lap scorers Sue, Laura and Ronnie) for putting on an excellent day of racing.
Our next event is at Kingsbury Water Park (Birmingham) on 30th May.
If you would like to join us visit our website at www.bmprs.co.uk for further details.

Regards
Scoop  BMPRS Publicity Officer

Oh by the way Martin I had a look at Mark's new Apache at Willen, you certainly know how to mould a hull, nice sharp lines and solidly built, nice one  :-))
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.